Hurt//024

🌸~Isaac & Hannah are David's and Liza's kids they're both twins btw😉

Alex watched out the window as fourteen year old Makenzie stood outside with the 15 year old Dobrik twins watching as Isaac skated circles around his sibling and cousin, the latter two sitting with Hannah braiding Makenzie's hair in some intricate, difficult looking braid.
In all honesty, Alex was pretty surprised at how well the three of them still got along, and even if you threw seventeen year old Jake into the equation, the four of them were as thick as thieves. He'd been worried that puberty would bring about fights or they'd grow apart, but here they were, spending one of their summer days just hanging around outside the Ernst household.
Alex retreated into his office to work on some videos, and was just hitting his stride when he heard the front door open. He expected to hear the kids head to the kitchen, but instead Hannah's voice rang out. "Uncle Alex! We need you outside!" She sounded scared, and Alex hurried out to her.
"What happened?" he asked as he saw her.
"Isaac was teaching Makenzie to skate and she tripped and fell and now she's bleeding," Hannah frowned. Alex hurried past her to the front porch. He could see Makenzie sitting on the steps, facing the street. Isaac was beside her, shirtless now as his was pressed against Makenzie's chin.
"Makenzie? Isaac? What happened?" Alex asked, hurrying around them to get in front of Makenzie
"I'm so sorry Uncle Alex. I let her go too early and she hit the crack in the sidewalk and fell off and it's all my fault," Isaac fretted. "She was bleeding so much."
"I'm fine. It's just a scratch," Makenzie told her dad. "Don't even worry about it."
"I think she split her chin. She's not okay," Isaac insisted. He'd seen plenty of injuries in his time as a skater, and this one was about in the middle of the injuries he'd seen that had required stitches.
"Let me see it, hon," Alex insisted, grabbing her hand and lowering Isaac's shirt. "Isaac, you can go grab one of my shirts from my closet," he told his nephew, who nodded and headed inside. Alex hissed as he saw the injury, which was bleeding profusely and quite large. "I think Isaac's right, darling. We need to get you to the doctor for some stitches," he told her. Makenzie's eyes grew wide.
"You're kidding me! No, no stitches," she insisted. "I'm fine! It doesn't even hurt!"
"That's because it's numbed from the shock of impact," Isaac replied as he reappeared in a simple black t-shirt he'd found in Alex's closet.
"Yeah, just listen to your dad,Makenzie," Hannah fretted. "Come on,"
Makenzie sighed, knowing she was outnumbered. "Fine," she mumbled, standing. Alex grabbed his keys and locked up the house before helping Makenzie into the front seat while the twins climbed into the back.
Fast forward three hours and twelve stitches, and Alex was leading his daughter and the twins from the ER and back to the car. "I'm really sorry," Isaac apologized for probably the twentieth time.
"Hey, it's okay. No one blames you," Alex promised him with a smile.
"But you're never getting me on a skateboard again," Makenzie laughed. "I can promise you that right now."
"Yeah, and I'm never letting you near one again," Isaac agreed as they climbed back into the car so Uncle Alex could drive them home.

🌸~shoutout goes to @ayeitzchloe thanks for voting💕