Chapter 22

*Lauren's P.O.V*

I aim my bow and let the arrow fly into the squirrel. It falls to the floor. I pick it up and place it on my rope. I walk through the trees and spot mine and Merles makeshift camp. I dump my catch by Merles feet and go and sit on one of the other logs. I throw my knife down into the mud and pick it back up. I throw it down again and again each time throwing it harder. "Christ you two are a like" Merle mumbles. "What was that" I snap. I'm still pissed at him. It's been two days since the prison. Two days since I last saw Daryl and Tia. I haven't spoken to Merle. "Just saying how you and my baby brother are a like. You both are bad tempered. You put up more walls when you lose someone. You love being in the woods" He sighs. I just stare at the ground not saying anything.
-----

One month since the Prison. I lay down on my sleeping bag in the tent while Merle keeps watch. I place my hand over my collar bone and touch scar. Fuck sake! Been having nightmares again. I haven't had them since before I met the group. They are always about him. How he raped me. But now they include, Tia going off with him and leaving me for dead. Or it would include him killing Daryl. I don't sleep, well I mean I try not to sleep. "Laur get up! pack up the tent quick!" he whispers in. I stand up and pack it all up and place it in the bag and chuck it over my shoulder. I load an arrow into my bow. I follow after Merle down the road. That's all its been since being on the road, get comfortable for a day or two before your on the move again.

-----

Been five months since the prison. It's still me and Merle. We have run into some good people but they have either been bitten or killed by the not so nice people. We are in a garden centre. We have a fire going to keep us warm and to give us some light. Drinking a few bottles of alcohol and talking about old memories. "Can you remember when we first met. You tried hitting on me and I then threatened you" I say chuckling. "yeah, made me want to get to know you. First women ever to threaten Merle Dixon. What about the time at Tia's first birthday, and you had all her play group friends come over" He takes a swig from his bottle. I laugh. "Yea and we ran out of food so I had to pop to the shop and you were left with all of the babies. Oh didn't one of them puke on you?" I giggle. "Yea. Bloody babies. Always disgusting. Guess you got lucky with Tia, She was such an Angel" he sighs. "Stop getting all soft and mushy on me Dixon" I tease. He chuckles lightly. "Better get some sleep Darling" I yawn and nod. "Night Merle" I mumble lying down closing my eyes. "Night Laur" He whispers.

-----

Seven months since the prison fell. "Right in and out, get what we need and that's it" Merle says to me. We are heading into one of the supply stores looking for some food. We walk in quietly and scan the place, we hear talking. Once we reach the middle of the store we notice a massive hole in the floor its flooded. I see people in the water. One man is just standing still, I can see the walker from up here in the water so I aim my bow and wait for the walker to jump out and when he does I let the arrow go into it's skull and it falls down dead for good. "Who's there! I asked you a question" I hear a women shout. "Come out slowly. We are not going to hurt you." I say down to them.

Me and Merle stand back and wait for them to climb out. (Before I say anything I hope no one takes offence to this or the way I say it, I had a difficult time in trying to find a way to say it:3)  A man climbs out in a priests uniform, next a black women climbs out with frizzy hair she looks over at me slowly and confused. A man with curly hair and a beard walks up, he slowly comes into the light. I drop my crossbow. "Rick" I whisper. He look up at me as if he is seeing a ghost. "Well if it isn't officer Friendly" Merle chuckles. Rick rushes up and hugs me. I hug back. He pulls out of the hug and he has tears in his eyes. He nods at Merle. "Is Daryl with you? Tia?" I ask quickly. He frowns a bit at Daryl's name but smiles at Tia's. "Yes they are, they all are. we are at a church right now." I smile. I look behind him and see Michonne, I smile and hug her. I Greet the others. "Hi, i'm Lauren" I say. "I'm Father Gabriel. This is Sasha and Bob" I smile at them. "Me and Bob know you, we were at the prison but you were a coma" Sasha tells me.

I see the Church in front of me and hesitate to walk up the steps. "He's missed you. Hasn't been the same, he closed off everyone apart from Tia" Michonne tells me. "Your back" I hear young voice say. I turn and smile at the small teenager. His hair has gotten longer and he still has his Dad's hat on. "Hiya bud" I say smiling. He looks to his Dad as id to ask if it's really me, Rick nods. Carl walks over to hug me. "Damn it Carl! you got to stop growing, you gonna get taller than me  I chuckle.

I walk up the stairs and open the doors. Some people gasp in surprise. There are some old faces and some new. I then spot the back of the two most important people in my life, sitting next to each other. Daryl with his arm wrapped around Tia. I remember a song that was Daryl and Tia's favourite. I start to sing. "I'm on my way, Driving at ninety down those country lanes, Singing to, "Tiny Dancer", And I miss the way you make me feel, and it's real, We watched the sunset over the castle on the hill" Once I have finished. Daryl and Tia are standing looking at me. "Mummy!!!" Tia shouts be fore rushing over to me. I run and meet her in the middle. I crouch down and hold her close to me. I smother her in kisses all over her face, giggles erupt from her.  Daryl is frozen in shock. I let Tia go and she looks at me then to Daryl and smiles big. I slowly walk up to Daryl. I'm inches away from him. "Is it really you" He asks slowly and quietly. I place a hand on his face and once they connect, His eyes brighten up. "Hey Dar" I say. He smiles, an actual smile from Daryl Dixon. He kisses me softly but with so much love. I smile into the kiss. we pull away and Daryl motions for Tia to walk over. He lifts her up and places her on his hip and puts an arm in my waist.

I'm finally with my Family.

________________
Two updates in one night! I really hope you like this one

Please vote and comment

much love!!!<3

Bye Fellow Archers
~Boylie~