Chapter 31

*Lauren's P.O.V*

Daryl, Rick and Carol look around. "I don't see it, but it's close. There's just one of 'em." Daryl mumbles. "We won't be here long. So what do you think?" Rick questions. Carol steps forward "We can go in when it's empty" I walk around and keep watch with my bow. "How is that? It's locked up at night." Carol shakes her head. "The window. There's just a latch. I can leave it open" I smirk at her. "Walker is close" I say to them. "The others they want to try. we keep this to ourselves okay? We will get some guns soon for if this place goes south." Rick tells us. I whistle as a walker stumbles out. "I got him" Daryl whispers. "no hang on" Carol say walking out and shooting the walker a couple of times before killing it. "said you were taking me out shooting. cant go back with a full mag" she answers.

We walk back and I run into Daryl's back when he stops all of a sudden. "The hell" He says looking at a walker with a 'W' carved into its forehead. I look at them confused before Rick crouches and his jaw tenses. "Lets head back" Carol states. We walk back together and walk back into Alexandria. "I'm gonna go back out hunting. You stay here, keep out of trouble and don't do much lifting" Daryl orders me. "Dare I'm like a month pregnant I will be fine. Don't be too long or I will come after you" I say. "Yes ma'am" He mumbles pecking my cheek before walking away.

"I think you should have a patrol going round to keep an eye on the wall, not just looking for damage but see if anyone climbs over the wall. People are becoming more dangerous than the walkers" Rick states to Deana who looks at him. "We don't need a patrol we have been fine Rick" Sasha walks up with Cieran. "We both would like to volunteer to keep watch in the clock tower" Cieran speaks to Deana. "We don't have a person on watch up there. The sniper is placed up there by Spencer, He goes up there every now and then but not in a long while" I shake my head. "So you have no one of watch of a group walkers? Or dangerous people who want what you have?!" I question. She shakes her head. Rick walks off with Carol and I walk back to my place.

I walk inside the house were I see Jodie and Tia dressed up in two nice dresses. "You both look lovely" I say. They smile at me. "Do you think you could do my hair mum and maybe a bit of make up I want to make a good impression to everyone" I smile. "Sure Tia, but I'm sure they will love you anyway" I grab a curling wand and section of parts of Tia's hair before curling it. I curl her fringe away from her face and turn the wand off. I straighten Jodie's hair and she styles it herself. I add a little make up to Tia, Eyeshadow Mascara and Light red lipstick. I smile at daughter and show her the mirror. She smile and hugs me. "I love it!" She whispers to me. "I'm glad you do now go on with Jodie to Ricks he's heading over now. I'm gonna get ready"

I pull on some black ripped skinny jeans and pull on some Docs that were thankfully my size. I look through the pile of clothes on the bed and grabbed a nice black top that lases up at the front by the chest, shows only the slightest bit of cleverage. I'm not trying to make a good impression, who cares what they think. I just want to look nice for a change, Not have Walker guts on me. I put my hair in an all around the world braid and pull it a bit to make it a bit bigger and looser. I put on some winged eyeliner and look at myself in the mirror. I feel like me again, But the old me. Somethings missing. I imagine Daryl standing next to me with his crossbow and angel wing vest and he's holding a baby with Tia next to him with a mini bow and arrow. I smile. Now this is me.

I walk into the house and are greeted to lots of people smiling at me. I smile awkwardly at them and stand at the back. I look at the ground to make sure I don't step on or trip over anything. I look up to see a lady looking at me. "So you must be one of them new people ey" She asks with a snoby tone. "Yea I'm Laur-" "Awh very nice dear" She says as she looks at the door to see who just came through when she see she smiles. I sigh with relief when I see its Daryl. He looks around and spots me. He walks over. "Well hello dear I am Anne and you are?" The woman or 'Anne' says. Daryl looks at her strange before looking at me. "You alrigh'" I nod. "You don't look alright darling you look dreadful. Haha you say you were staving out there? Doesn't look like it with you" Anne laughs. I feel like shit as she looks me up and down the room starts to get smaller as I breathing picks up.

I rush out of the house and out on the porch. I take a few deep breaths. The door opens only seconds after I closed it. I walk around in circles trying to calm me down. Daryl grabs my hand and pulls me to him and shh's me. Once I calm down I look up at him. "I'm sorry about that" I say embarrassed. "Don't be darling" He mumbles. "I don't think I can go back in there" I say. "Then we don't. Lets go for a walk" He tells me taking my hand and walking with me.

We walk down the road and we see Aaron outside. "you went to the party? at least you went there. Do you wanna come in we have a mean spaghetti" He says before walking inside. I laugh. "Daryl is reluctant at first but he walks in the house with me. We sit down and we start to eat, Daryl eats his messy and fast as usual and I see Aaron and Erik exchange a look smiling a bit. "When your out there if you happen to be in a store or something, one of the ladies here has been looking for a pasta maker" Me and Daryl exchange a confused glance at each other before looking at Aaron. "I thought it was done. You didn't ask him already?" Erik says awkwardly. "If you two want to follow me" We get up and follow Aaron into a garage.

"I told Deana not to give you a job, because I thing I have one for you" I look at Daryl as he noses into some tool boxes. "I'd like you to be Alexandria's new recruiter." Daryl and I both stop we are doing and look at Aaron. "I don't want to risk Erik's life" I sigh. "So your risking mine yea?" Daryl mumbles. "Cause you know what your doing out there. Your good out there. But you don't like that. But the main reason I want you out with me, Because you do know the difference between a good person and a bad person" Aaron says. I smile at that. "Ill get ya some rabbits" Aaron chuckles a bit. "Well think about it first" He says.

_________________________________________

Well i am really sorry for this being so over due. I have had a lot of stuff happening. My friends currently in hospital and i want to help and be there but i can't and its really hard. I am aslo having to learn my welsh exam again because im having to redo it.

Ther will hopefully be a chapter within the next couple of days but if i dint by saturday night please nag me till i do.

Also want to say a massive thank you for reading and putting up with my late updates!!!!!!!

Please like and Comment!

Bye Fellow Archers

~Boylie~