Chapter 42 : Scepter+announcement

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

"You're being ridiculous, Yuta. Going on a rage isn't going to solve anything, just be glad that this book didn't fall into the hands of the enemy..Please, get a grip of yourself." Taeyong told him.

"You're all idiots!" Yuta snaps, raking his fingers across his hair out of frustration. The members were clearly taken aback by his statement, but even before they would speak up, Yuta continues.

"Don't you get it? They broke our trust, guys. We didn't just askㅡwe begged them to return this hell of a burden if they ever got their hands on it and look at what happened now, they stepped on our heads. We've been working our ass off to protect these rats and they can't even repay us with one tiny favor. Isn't it already clear to you? We're all gonna die because of them!"

"Becoming a guardian was never a choice, Yuta." Jaehyun spat, standing up. "It is a responsibility that runs deep in our blood, we were born for this. I won't stand here any longer to listen to you talk shit about them. They're helpless, can't you at least see that?" He adds before slamming the door behind him, leaving the stressful enviroment.

"Can we all just put this aside and focus on the mission, right now? We're hours away from arriving to the portland, let's just think about the routes we will take once we arrive to the Aries alright?" Taeyong states, hoping to change the topic.

Jaehyun walks up the wooden stairs, eyeing on the darkening sky. It was completely silent on deck, not even the sailor kids came to sight, whereas it was an exploding minefield downstairs. He just can't handle the pressureㅡJaehyun desperately needed air, he wanted to be alone.

Walking towards the captain's deck, he carefully leans by the edge of the ship; having the wind caress his skin as he stared off to a distance. Everything is a mess, and it all started from the day they lost Winwin. Ever since then, things have been going downhill.

The stress has gotten to their heads, truth to be told they have no idea if this entire journey would be worth it in the end. A heavy sigh left his lips as he stared at the waves below the ship, feeling his heart skip a beat when he saw a concerned beauty staring back at him from the reflection on the waters. "Jaehyun," her soft voice calls him out, but he didn't have the heart to turn around. 

Pursing her lips, Kay slowly wraps her arms around his lean figure letting her cheek rest on his broad back. "Please forgive her," she murmurs, feeling the world melt away as she gently squeezed him in her arms. He can feel her heart beating inside her chest, but in a way it was cruel for him to realise that he was responsible for the tune.

Sighing, Jaehyun turns around after she released her grip around him. She greets him with an small smile, her dark eyes sparkling as they locked gazes which brings him a sense of serenity. "Everything's gonna be fine, Jaehyun." she says, holding his big hand. 

His lips curved into a smile but it was nothing compared to the smiles that made her heart flutter, instead it was sad.

Kay could feel her heart shatter into pieces when the eyes looking back at her expressed sorrow, she felt a tug in her heart as tears had pooled around her eyes. "Please," she utters, merely a whisper as she slumped on the wooden floors of the deck. Kay hung her head low, gripping on the material of her gown as she bows down slightly.

"Forgive us,"

Her plead felt like a burning sword being stabbed into his chest; she wasn't at fault but it touched him to know that they stood together as one— although it shouldn't be her that was doing this. Jaehyun stands still, clenching his fist as a mixture of emotions washed over him. Hearing her cry only tore him further apart, that in the end Jaehyun knelt down to her level; wrapping his strong arms around her shoulder as he pulled her close.