.XV.

This is dedicated to writer_visonary. She's been an amazing reader. Happy you've enjoyed my story ^-^

Adrian strolled the car up to the curb in front of the house and stopped, putting the car in park. My hand instantly grasped the car door handle, pulling gently on it as the door flew open. I mumbled a short thanks, grabbing my book bag at the side of my feet, ready to get out. As I planted my feet on the concrete ground, I stopped as Adrian called out to me. I turned my head in his direction, being startle in surprise as Adrian looked at me with the most sincerest gaze. "Don't think too much about what I said. Graham wouldn't do it."

Shifting uncomfortably without responding, I darted my eyes away, closing the door behind me. I walked up the pathway, unlocking the door in ease with the keys I've been given for my stay. It was color coded so it was easier to remember which one to use. As I pushed the door open and took a step inside, my ears picked up on Adrian speeding off down the street. I didn't look back I shuffled into the house, closing the door behind, locking up.

Not a moment later my mom showed up. Her blonde brown hair was swooped up in a messy ponytail, a few strands out of place. She wore regular clothes which I wasn't really used to since she's always at the hospital. It also means that this was her rare occasion of being off from work.

"Elliot, is that you?" my mom asked curiously, popping out from around the corner. She smiled warmly at me as I looked away from her, holding the strap of my bag tighter. Even though I still didn't answer her, it didn't discourage her from talking to me like it used to before. She was happy about something since meeting Graham yesterday. "Well if you're hungry, food's on the stove."

My mother left with a grin, disappearing from where she came. I voted to go up stairs, taking the first step in that direction but my stomach growled, having other things on its mind. I sighed following my stomach's command and headed into the kitchen, my vision landing on the stove. Just as my mom said, food was on top of it. Picking up the lid, the smell of chicken soup waffled around my nose, my stomach growling right on que.

"Bowls are in the cabinet above the stove," a soft tone voice spoke, startling me, making me drop the lid. I recoiled slightly, wincing as the lid fell back on the pot, metal clanging against metal. The voice chuckled briefly as I spun around seeing my mom's friend behind me. "Sorry," she began, stepping closer. She stood in front of me, just a few inches lower, making her really short. Standing on her tippy toes, she reached into the cabinet above the stove, producing a bowl. She handed it towards me with a small smile. "I didn't mean to scare you."

I shook my head, grabbing the big pot spoon next to the stove on the counter and took out some food. Picking a regular spoon from a drawer next to me, I pushed it into my mouth, savoring the flavor of the food. Twirling it out my mouth, I realize that my mom's friend was still standing there. Shyly, my head fell to the ground as I continue to eat. "How was school?" she piped, crossing her hands gently over her chest.

I nodded, pushing away all the things and thoughts that occurred today. She didn't need to know all that but maybe she already did. There was no doubt that the school called my mom already and she told her.

She just sighed. Her feet shifted as she leaned more on the right than the left. "Well I pretty sure you don't know my name. Your mother can be a little eccentric and forget small details like that." She paused as my eyes found her green ones. "I'm Courtney Millbury. I'm pretty sure you know my mother from school." She mutter the next part as if her mother could hear if she spoke any louder. "That old bat just doesn't know when to retire."

My eyes widen.

She was Mrs. Millbury daughter? I knew she had one, I just didn't think my mom would be friends with her. As realization hit, I mentally chuckled. No wonder my mom knew everything that happened to me at school when I erase the voicemails left on the house phone before she even gets a chance to listen to them. Now it made perfect sense.