Chapter 55

Azalea told Piflin to stay in the closet under the blankets. She said it was safer there.

She snuck into the armory and found an old Altean archer's set of armour.

She slipped on the metal tunic and leggings, attaching her daggers to the belt.

I don't care what Keith says.

They're in danger.

Starlin's in danger.

"I decided to rebel against brother", Starlin had mentally told her, "I'm sorry sister. You are in this ruckus because I allowed Ferin to use my gifts. I'm sorry. I had lost everything. He took away the one thing I came to love."

What Azalea's younger sister told her next made her want to cry.

"Our mother died, dearest sister. In childbirth. Before she died, she gave Haggar one last hybrid child. It was a boy. When I was twelve, I was assigned to his care. I named him Peter Brandon. I remembered you having memories of old classmates with those names. Peter Brandon became my only source of joy. He was a wee baby, and to him I was his adoring older sister. But Ferin was envious. He saw Peter Brandon as a threat. When the little boy was four years old..... Ferin tore him away from me...... And had Peter Brandon executed."

Azalea was determined. And furious. He hurt her friends. He hurt her sister. He killed the baby brother she never knew she had. He hurt Keith...

I hope you can hear me, Ferin.

Because I'm coming for you.

She ran out of the air lock, sprinting towards the commanding ship.

She closed her eyes.

She felt his presence.

Third sector. Twenty-fourth door. Second floor.

Azalea ripped the door off it's hinges and lunged for the cloaked figure in the middle of the room.

The figure grabbed her wrist in a bone crushing grip.

It turned to Azalea and laughed.

Azalea's mind went into shock, and she became paralyzed with fear and angst.

Her long dead older sister, Marina Korraine, stared at her with eyes that held a long unforgotten vendetta.

"Hello sis", she sneered.

Azalea broke down into sobs.

Marina...
Isn't...
Dead...

"How?!", was the only word Azalea could shriek out.

A deep voice came from behind her.

"Haven't you ever heard of magic?", Ferin asked darkly.

"You...", she growled.