Chapter 58

I hadn't taken the time to break down for Stacy until Jasper and I got back to the house. It just happened.

We walked in, my parents weren't home. They had probably gone to get my brother, whom I'd put to the back of my mind. In my room, my hands folded clothes into the suitcase that I'd just unpacked. Then it just came on. The first tear droplets his my hands and I just ignored them. But they began to fall harder and more constant. Next thing I knew I was sitting on my bed in tears. I know I've said it so many times but how bad can my current life get? The high was I got a boyfriend whom I love. The lows? My best friend hates me, my brother got shoved into a prison cell for a night and my sister has a miscarriage.

Jasper soon came up to my room and sat on my bed next to me. He gently rubbed my shoulder and turned my face to him. "I don't know or understand all of this for you. But it sucks you have to go through it, but sweet pea, you don't have to do it alone. I don't wanna just be in the way, but text me or something whenever. For you, I'll always pick up."

My head leaned on his shoulder to cry on. He pulled me in tight, and I hugged him. "Let's get you to your sister's house," he pulled me to do feet and grabbed my bag. All I could do was nod.

As we walked down the stairs the door came open, revealing my parents and my brother. I just stared, and Chris stared back. His wrist had a cast on it. He looked angry but ashamed. "You?" I thought Chris was talking to me. But Jasper next to me took a step back. Chris apparently didn't like my boyfriend. Nothing new, Chris not liking something about me? Shocker. My parents shoved Chris into the house, while my mother wiped tears from her eyes.

Even though me and Chris had our quarrels, I ran to him and hugged him. He didn't hug me back. I stepped back and looked at him. So full of anger and hatred. I don't know if those emotions were at me but I sure took it that way.

"Mom, dad, I'm going to see Stacy for a few days." I told them and didn't ask them. They both looked shocked.

"Stacy?!" My mother asked. I nodded.

"If you guys still talked you'd know that her and Dustin are engaged. And she's going through a really hard time right now, and needs her family." They'd know that if they spoke to her and not at her. "And I'm going there for a few days. I'll go to school and I'll get good grades. But I need to be there for her." I expected them to object my decision.

They exchanged looks and then nodded at each other. "Chris, go to your room." My father said. Chris sneered but did as he was told.

"That's...A good idea, I think. With Chris like this I think maybe it'll be good for you to be out of the house. As for being with Stacy, honey, we just feel-" my father began but I held up my hand.

"Dad. She needs me." My eyes pleaded to them, water still bridging my eyes.

They gave him. "Text the address," my father gave me an order.

"And text every single day. Once in the morning and once at night." My mother gave another.

"I have a condition." I announced. They looked at me skeptically. "Both of you, call Stacy on your own time and talk to her. Just listen to what she has to say." I requested this most of all from them. If my world was breaking apart then I was going to start to fix it.

Slowly they both nodded. One thing down. Next thing; comfort Stacy. Next item; get in contact with Marco. And last, somehow get through to my brother.

~~~~~~~
Jasper dropped me off, and Stacy showed me to a small guest bedroom. Just a twin bed, window, and small desk with a chair. About half the size of my room. I put my bag of clothes down in the room and headed back out to the living room. Stacy just sat next to me and we talked about everything. When she figured out she was pregnant, when she was going to tell us, who she told, when she found out it was a miscarriage.

It slowly all made sense about everything. "What about you, Abira? How are you?" She asked.

Question of the day. My hands ran through my hair and I shrugged. "I'm dating someone for the first time in my life, my best friend and I are in shambles. Not to mention Chris." We both knew what had happened to Chris.

Apparently the station accidently called Stacy before mom and dad. "Are you going to speak to mom and dad anytime soon?" I was worried.

Stacy shrugged, still having flushed cheeks. I understood she didn't know and I also understood why she probably didn't want to. But I needed my life back together. At least part of it.

"I've thought about calling or stopping by," she began, "but the time hasn't seemed to come up. If they call or text I'll always reply. They just haven't. I figured it was easier that my burden was out of the house for them."

"They miss you, Stacy. We all do." I reassured her. My sister hardly seemed convinced but she nodded.

Dustin entered the room, and handed Stacy a glass of lemonade. It was going to be awhile before I got used to her having a fiance let alone a husband. He smiled at me, and jokingly ruffled my hair like someone would a little kid. I giggled. "Good thing you came up, Abira. Stacy needs her sister." He said. I was glad to be there.

"How are you holding up?" I asked him. He might've needed someone to ask him how he felt. I'm sure Stacy would be there for him but maybe another voice would be comforting?

Dustin looked at Stacy, then to me. "Well, I mean, I'm up. Not sure if I'm holding up but I'm not on the ground so," he smiled at Stacy, "we'll get through it."

They loved each other. They really, really loved each other.