Chapter 24

The selfies of the night had gone of for hours, sooner than later I was running out of storage space. I had nearly forgotten that Stacy had run out on everything, and every single time I thought about it Jasper helped me forget it. Through all the laughs it almost felt like a fantasy with Jasper, like the real world didn't matter for that night.

"You seriously know how to have a good time Sweet Pea," Jasper said and sipped his hot chocolate as I held mine to warm up my hands. "It wasn't me it was you." I corrected and shoved him with my shoulder. He reluctantly nodded and pulled at my scarf to get me to laugh.

"With all those pictures you could make an entire scrapbook." Jasper yawned and it made it harder to read what he was saying. I mostly caught 'all those pictures' and 'scrapbook'. Whatever. His free hand outstretched for mine, and willingly my own intertwined with his.

Jasper must've said something while my eyes were looking around because he pulled at my scarf again. "What time do you need to be back?" He asked. Taking my hand out of his I checked my phone, and nearly dropped my cocoa. "Crap! I gotta get home," I said as the time already was at nine thirty. I was going to die when I got home.

"Well then let's go Sweet Pea," He took my hand into his and we both started jogging down the sidewalk to get to his bike. About to swing my legs over, I remembered I still had hot cocoa. Jasper stared down at his and smirked. "Bottoms up," He pretended to hit our cups together and we both turned over our cups and gulped them down as fast as we possibly could.

Finishing mine before him, I tossed it into the trash can. Jasper stuck out a pouty lip as he threw his away after me. "I win," I taunted and he rolled his eyes. "You cheated I had more left in mine." He whined and I giggled at the chocolate that remained on his lip. Pointing at his lip, he looked in his reflection in his phone and sheepishly wiped his lip.

Running a hand through his hair, Jasper slipped on his helmet and handed me mine. Sliding my leg over the bike, he started it up and then looked over his shoulder at me as he flipped up the face guard on his helmet. "You might want to start out holding on, Sweet Pea." He said and I crossed my arms.

"Don't push it, Jasper. I'll hang on when I nearly fall off per the usual." I said and Jasper burst out laughing, with his smile wide. "What?" I asked and he put his hands onto my shoulders. "I'm never going to get used to that beautiful voice." Jasper then turned around to start driving and to be honest I was glad.

Feeling my cheeks blush, and my mouth smile I wrapped my arms around his chest. When we started driving down the road, anxiety of what everybody would say took over. My parents would be so angry with me if they knew I was out this late with Jasper. Heck they'd be mad if I stayed out this late with somebody so close to me like Marco.

-----

My own front door looked menacing. Like whatever awaited me inside was going to eat me or something. "You want me to walk you up or not Sweet Pea?" Jasper offered and I thought on that. Yes or no? Safety in numbers or safety with my parents not seeing Jasper again?

"Your call, if you want to walk all the way in there again after all that." I said and Jasper jumped right off his bike and to my side. "Onward!" He pointed his hand like an explorer and I couldn't help but smile. My hand shakily wrapped around the knob, but I didn't turn it.

Standing there staring at it seemed safer than going inside. Jasper leaned his head in front of me. "Usually people turn the knob." He said and I pushed his head away. Turning the knob and pushing open the door, I awaited a similar scene that I had encountered earlier.

Instead, nobody was on the stairway and nobody was in the kitchen. Walking in and checking out the living room, it was vacant as well. "You coming?" I asked as Jasper waited in the doorway. "Blunt little thing, aren't you sweet pea?" He came inside and said he'd follow me wherever.

Starting up the stairs, I passed Chris room and the open door let me see he wasn't in there. My parents' bedroom door was closed, and my door was open since I was gone. Peeking my head into Stacy's room I was shocked to see my brother in there. "Wait here," I tried to talk as quiet as I remembered how to, telling that to Jasper.

Entering my sister's room with it's gray painted walls, and purple paint splatters for decoration. Chris was just staring at her laptop, probably looking at her photos. Tapping his shoulder, he turned to me and then back at the laptop. "Mom and dad went to bed." He said and didn't really look at me.

I stayed silent and just waited knowing that he would eventually speak again. "Why did you bring him in the house again?" Chris asked bluntly as he gestured to Jasper. Rolling my eyes I nearly let my voice come out. "He's my friend." I signed and my brother sighed.

"Make sure he leaves. I'm going to bed." Chris brushed past me and glared at Jasper as he went to his own room. I looked around Stacy's room and felt a lump come into my throat as sobs wanted to erupt again. Suppressing the feeling I saw her pictures all over the wall.

Most of them were with me, and she hid it well that she was dating Dustin. I'd never seen a photo of him anywhere and never knew what he looked like until I met him. I shouldn't feel sorry for myself I should feel sorry for Stacy. She's the one who got the blunt of everything.

Jasper came up behind me and I could feel his breath on my shoulders. He tugged at my scarf and I turned around. "I better head out, huh?" He asked. I tugged at my earlobe and shrugged. "I better so I don't get in trouble." We headed downstairs and when we got to the door, I hesitated to open it.

"About California," I said aloud and Jasper nodded for me to go on. "How would I even get there Jasper? And I'd have nowhere to stay. I just don't know if it's possible." I really wanted to go with Jasper but how would I even get to the state?

Jasper ran a hand through his hair and pursed his lips while he thought. "Tell you what I'll make you a deal. My aunt and uncle pay my way there and back. I'll get you there and back, on one condition," Oh lord a condition. Raising an eyebrow I prompted him to keep going.

"You stay at my aunt and uncle's place and let me make sure you take your mind off all the stress you have. Deal?" He held out his hand and I just looked at it. I couldn't ask Jasper to pay my way.

"Let me buy my plane ride there and back and you have a deal." I said and Jasper furrowed his eyebrows. "Fine, Sweet pea. But if you need me to do anything I'm here for you, okay?" Jasper smiled brightly and his hand still awaited me to shake it. As I wrapped my hand around his, out of an urge I pulled him into a hug.

He just stood there for a second and then gingerly wrapped his arms around me. "Thank you Jasper, for everything. You can't keep doing all of this stuff for me. I'm really thankful but I don't want you to keep doing all of this for me." I said and his breath ran down my shoulders as he hugged me tighter.

Jasper pulled away and looked at me shaking his head while smiling. "Sweet Pea I could never stop doing things for you," He smiled. "And for the record of everything, you hugged me." Jasper said and wrapped his hand around the knob.

"Make sure you get home safe," I said as I took the door from him as he walked out. "I'll be fine," Jasper turned to go and then stopped. He turned around to me and walked back over, putting his forehead onto mine. "I'm gonna miss that voice tonight sweet pea." Jasper hugged me one more time.

The hug was short lived as he pulled away smiling, and he got on his bike and drove down the road. Closing the door and locking it behind me I leaned against it. Even though I had lost a sister, Jasper just seemed to melt all of those problems away.