we're not together but no one else is allowed to date you, okay?

Start from the beginning

I drove up to the gate and a familiar-looking guy greeted me there,

"Good afternoon, Lia Deliz."

"Yeah, that's me, how'd you know?" I asked.

"Asher told us you were coming. If you don't mind, I can drive you to the castle and park your car." He offered and I grinned.

"Not at all, thanks,"

I sat in the passenger seat as he drove me up to the front door, which was incredibly tall by the way.

I got out and turned around.

"Thank you," I gasped when I finally realized why he looked so familiar, "You're Philip, right?" He was a student at Mystic High, how could I forget?

"At your service." He bowed his head.

"Do you know where I can find Asher?" I was so overwhelmed right now.

"No, I'm sorry."

"Well, thanks again,"

He nodded his head and drove away to park my car somewhere.

I faced the tall French doors and gulped.

.•*•.

"Wow, I can barely tell she's a werewolf."

"You're right, she has a human scent."

"Maybe it's because I've been hanging around humans." I replied, hating the fact that everyone was sniffing me right now. Ever since I'd walked through the door, they'd been staring at me like I was some alien. Not the first time this has happened.

"What pack did you say you were from?" An older woman who looked like a grandma asked.

"Um, I don't live in a pack,"

"Really? How odd."

What's so odd about that? I wanted to say but bit my tongue.

I left without excusing myself and searched frantically for Asher. Where the hell was he? Did he think he was just going to abandon me?

I'd been standing here alone for an hour. Why did he even invite me in the first place? Was it because he knew I was a werewolf? Was it because I was his second choice after Laurel?

I heard a familiar heartbeat behind me and turned around, hoping it was him.

He looked so handsome.

His hair was combed back, showing off his beautiful face. He was wearing a suit and tie, looking very sleek.

"I want to introduce you to some people."

"Who? I thought this was a date."

"It's only for a couple of minutes. I promise." He grabbed my hand and I almost died of happiness. Ohmygod, we were holding hands!

Asher led me to a middle-aged couple comprised of a pretty big looking fellow and a smaller woman with reddish brown hair. Both were dressed spectacularly; if they were at prom, they would've been voted King and Queen.