(46) You're just in my shirt

Mulai dari awal

"What?"

"You always have cream and two sugars in your coffee," his breath tickled my ear and the deepness of his voice had my knees wobbling.

"I know," I whispered back.

Suddenly, just as Kyle was about to speak, the doorbell went, chiming away at it's own accord.

"Who's that?" Kyle mumbled. "I don't want company," he huffed as he pulled away and made his way over to the window. He peaked through the blinds like an old lady to see who was outside.

He turned around and tiptoed towards me with a striken face.

"What?" I said as I began to panic. Who was outside?

"It's my mother," he hissed as his hands came to his face.

"So? Let her in," I said as I made my way into the room. I was pulled back suddenly and I couldn't move any further to the door.

"No!" He whispered. "I don't want her to come in," he groaned. I looked to him with a scrunched up face.

"Why not?"

"Because we're half naked and she's embarrassing!" He groaned out again and I had the urge to laugh in his face.

But then I remembered I wasn't exactly dressed up appropriately to meet the in laws right now, and I gasped in response.

"We've got to go upstairs!" I hissed. "Doesn't she have a key?"

"Oh lord above," I ran to the stairs as fast as I could and I could hear Kyle following me. "Quick," he slapped my bum as we ran up the stairs and I squealed. Kyle told me to be quiet and I obeyed his order.

As soon as I went through the door of the bedroom, we both dived into bed and under the covers.

We were breathing faster but I giggled nonetheless. Kyle's deep chuckle came from beside me, but the blankets made the place dark.

"Be quiet, I think I can hear the lock going," Kyle whispered. I almost stopped breathing but my belly bubbled with excitement and a small amount of adrenaline.

Running away from your mother in law was more exciting than expected.

"Bloody hell," I breathed.

"Bloody hell indeed,"

"Maybe you should go and see her, I feel bad," I stated as I laid stock still under the blankets. Kyle groaned.

"No," he drawled out. "She'll go soon,"

"Come on, she's your mother!" I said exasperated.

"She's your mother too!" He whispered back. "You're just too kind for your own good," he sighed.

"Go on, don't be mean," I let out. Kyle huffed before pulling the covers away from his body.

"Fine, fine, I'll go and see her, you stay here," he padded to the stairs.

"Kyle!" I heard my mother in law shout.

"Coming!" Kyle shouted back. He turned around to show me his displeased face and I giggled at the sight of it.

As soon as Kyle was gone, I laid my head back down on the pillow.

I was thankful for the constant distractions Kyle gave me. I was starting to become my old self after my father died, even though I did miss him more than ever.

I wanted Kyle to go downstairs, he had that motherly parent, and of course I had mine, but she couldn't come round whenever she wanted to see if we were okay, because she wasn't okay herself. It was important Kyle took hold of the opportunities he had.