(14) The sun is setting.

Jailbird out now on my profile !!

Chapter 14- The sun is setting.

       "I understand you," I said while I smiled reassuringly. He smiled while he took a look into my eyes. Those perfect blue orbs, they always captivated me, they shouldn't do, and I kick myself for letting them.

"Come on then," he kissed my cheek quickly before opening the door.

His home was exactly like mine. I peaked over to my house, suddenly feeling nervous. I just hoped she wasn't there, even though Kyle had told me my mother was in a cell at the moment I still felt anxious.

My eyes suddenly spotted a silver car on my drive, I realised it was my father's.

My father and I had gotten along well, I loved him and I knew he loved me, just like a father should. Yet he was hardly ever home, his work constantly needed him and took him away. I did miss him, I always had done, he was the only sane figure I had in my family.

My heart picked up, I wanted to see my dad. I needed him.

Without another thought I ran over to my house, without saying a word to Kyle.

"Cali?" He shouted. I heard him pounding up behind me but I didn't bother stopping. I wanted my dad.

I opened the door, and even when I cringed at the sight of my own house, I knew I would do anything to see my dad.

I found my father sitting on the sofa with his head in his hands. His dark brown hair on display.

"Dad?" I got his attention. His face snapped up to mine, his eyes showed relief, but still they were dull with emptiness and panic.

"Oh my God," he breathed as he got up and pulled me into a hug. I began to sob into his shirt. I couldn't help it.

"I'm sorry dad," I sniffed.

"Don't be so silly, I'm sorry for not being here, I should have been here," he whispered, his voice a croaky mess. I could feel his facial hair on the top of my head, but I welcomed it.

"I miss you," I let out as the tears began to flow. I heard my father sniff too.

"I miss you, I'm so so sorry," he apologized, I couldn't bare it. He suddenly let go of me, he held me out to see if I was hurt, I was, but not anymore.

"I'm okay," I said as I smiled reassuringly. He nodded and let out a deep breath.

"Christ, I was so worried," he let out.

"It's okay, dad, Tammy protected me," I said honestly. "And Kyle saved me,"

"Kyle?" He said as if the name was foreign on his tongue. I nodded.

"Kyle, rememeber Kyle?" I asked. His eyes twinkled with recognition.

"Oh of course I remember that punk," he replied playfully. I laughed. I turned around to find him, but he was gone, he had given my father and I some privacy. "Do I have to get my gun out on him?" He winked.