Epilogue

Epilogue.

"Karson!" I yelled. That girl drove me crazy. She had so much energy and life it was like I fed her sweets all day and gave her fizzy drinks every waking hour.

"Mummy, mummy, mummy." She chanted as she ran around me in circles. I was becoming dizzy just watching her. It didn't help that I had to get things sorted for Matt's engagement party.

Yes, that's right, engagement. Matt had finally found the love of his life one evening whilst clubbing. He had dragged me out of the house after months of being couped up in the house looking after Karson. Kyle was adamant that I was to have some fun for once, so I hesitantly applied.

He was blonde haired and blue eyed and muscly. I didn't even know Matt even liked the muscly type. He was extremely strong.

Over the last three years Jake had become a big part of our family. He loved little Karson. Matt and Jake baby sat as often as they could, they couldn't get enough of her.

That was until she hit the terrible two's. Now she was three years old and a bundle of energy and life. She was so quiet as a baby, where did my loud mouthed little girl come from?

And of course she still had her daddy wrapped around her little finger.

"Karson, I'm trying to get Uncle Matt's cake baked, okay?" I tried to get her to calm down. She was just so excited because uncle Matt was finally getting married.

"Come on, mummy, play with me." She tugged on my jeans. I looked down at her little body. She was tiny for her age.

"Daddy will be home soon, he will play with you."  She shrieked in reply.

"Daddy's coming home!" She waved her hands above her head and started to run around the room. She loved it when daddy came home. It was her favourite part of the day.

And as soon as the door opened Karson went off running to find him. I could hear her shrieks and giggles all the way from the hallway.

"Daddy!" She shrieked. He must have lifted her into the air. "I'm so happy you're home." She said quietly in his ear. Kyle came to the kitchen.

"I'm so happy I'm home too, little girl." Kyle placed her down on the kitchen floor but she groaned to be picked up again. Kyle picked her up and she snuggled in close.

She had been excited and mad all day but as soon as Kyle came home she decided to behave. I rolled my eyes. What a daddy's girl.

"How's you and my baby?" Kyle came forward to touch my forming baby bump. Yes, I was pregnant again three years on. And yes, we did infact know the gender this time.

We were going to have a little boy. Karson was so excited waiting for her little baby brother. We had already decided on a name, Kian Kyle Knight. We had stuck to the tradition of the K's.

Kyle was so excited to have a little boy to play with. He couldn't wait to show him how to play football and fix cars and play video games.

"I'm your baby." Karson muttered as she stuck her thumb into her mouth. We had tried to snap her out of that habit but she wasn't having any of it.