strangers in the night

I came up with the idea of this chapter listening to Frank Sinatra. I as a 16 yr old musician, have a long list of genres I listen to. And I have the weirdest combination of music, one minute it's instrumental, then the next minute to alternative rock, or oldies, which I really hate calling them oldies cause when do song become old they live on never getting old, never dying.
Well enough about music for today. Have fun reading. Sorry forgot to mention there is smut.
____________________________________

Gowns swirled all over the ballroom. It amazed her how sycronized the couple's danced as the orchestra played. It was enchanting.

The music came to an end and the couple's moved aside. Letting Astoria go to the center of the ballroom.

"Hello everyone, hope you're all enjoying the party, and I hope you all stay for the very end for the big surprise I have waiting. Moving on, the next dance is my favorite. The masquerade dance. For those who don't know the dance I'll gladly explain. As the song changes so do the dancers. Our partners change and we dance with someone new. The dance finishes when the song finishes. The song will finish on a unexpected time so don't worry if you don't end up with your partner. So hurry on and choose your first partner." Astoria announced.

Ron looked at her with a smirk in his face. "Can I be your first partner, for me it's such a great honor to be able to dance with you first." He bowed down and extended his hand.

"I guess I'll have to do you the honor just because I love to help the less fortunate." She laughed.

"Ouch" Ron smiled.

They both took their placed on the dance floor. They made a big circle the gentlemen on the outside of the circle and the ladies in the inside of the circle. She looked around and exchange a glance with a stranger, who felt familiar. The dancers bowed down to one another. And the music began.

"Hermione... I regret leaving you." Ron said as he spun her around.

"Ron you really don't regret leaving 'me'. You regret... Well put it like this you like the idea of being with me. You really don't like me. Understand, you love what you can't have. And once you have it you don't see purpose to it. You look for something else that is out of your reach. And I'm out your reach so there you have it you Ron." Hermione said as he pulled her back in.

"Hermione..." He wasn't able to finish. It was time to transition to some stranger.

The man bowed down and took her into his arms. It seemed forever for the next transition. And that's how it was for many of her dance partners.

"You look stunning tonight." The stranger said bowing down.

"Thank you..." She said being taken into his arms.

It felt so right dancing with this stranger. Dancing with him felt as if they where alone dancing in the night. "Draco."

"How did you know it was me. I made sure to hide my amazing hair in this top hat." He said as he pulled her closer to him.

"Well you are wearing a ferret mask." She laughed spinning away from him.

He grabbed her hand and spun her back to him. "Not letting you go that easily."

"Then you better hold me tight." She replied.

He smiled. His bright golden smile. Something about it made her want to feel the lips that made the smile.

"Hermione." He replied losing himself in her eyes. Her chocolate creamy eyes. He was never a fan of brown eyes. But she made him want them so much, something in her eyes made his heart ache excitedly. His heart ache told him he must have her. Have her in his arms. Love her forever.