•Young Girls•

Start from the beginning

Lucas wouldn't let her though, he held her tightly around the waist, and she fit so perfectly in him.

"You can't comfort her with a hug, dumbo," Riley continues. "You're supposed to kiss her."

Maya's jaw dropped open.

"Riley?" She asked.

"Peaches," She says, smiling at the two. "You can't honestly think I don't see what's going on!"

"But nothing is going on," Maya lied, biting her lip.

"Yes! Something is!" She smiles. "You and Lucas don't like each other."

Maya sighed in relief, but Lucas sighed in frustration. He just wanted to be with Maya.

"You love each other."

Maya choked on her own breath, but Lucas smiled.

"And I don't know why you guys are so stubborn!"

"But he's your boyfriend, honey!" Maya replies.

"Not anymore," Riley smiles. "He's yours."

"What?!" The two asked in unison.

"You guys treat me like I'm this clueless girl!" Riley says. "When I'm not, I know you guys are trying to protect me, but you don't have to.

"I know that ever since New Years Eve, things have changed. I know you two fell in love, and I know that I figured out what had been fluttering around in my chest every day. My true feelings have never been for you Lucas."

Lucas laughed nervously. "They haven't?"

"No, they've been for Farkle."

Maya chocked again. "What?!"

"Look, I've been waiting for two months for you to break up with me, and you haven't. I've watched you watch her, so I haven't been able to get together with Farkle. So for crying out loud, stop pretending to love me Lucas!"

"So we're through?" He asks.

"Yes! Now go ahead and get the g-"

But before she could finish, Lucas had already turned Maya around and smashed his lips onto her's.

She flew back onto Mr. Matthews desk, from all the force, and immediately kissed the boy back.

Their lips moved in sync, and his hands ran up and down her body. She dug her hands in his hair, and smiled widely into his lips.

She couldn't believe this was happening.

They were kissing in front of Riley, and she was okay with it.

Sorry, pardon my language.

I meant full on making out.

The two broke apart gasping for air, and the two smiled hugely at each other.

Lucas kissed the panting girl lightly on the lips, and pulled her into his chest again.

"I love you," He whispers.

She touches his cheek, and smiles back. "I love you too."

They were interrupted by clapping, and looked to see Zay slowly applauding.

"I waited too long for that. I waited for two years."

Maya blushed, and looked up at her- her what?

"And god guys! Get a room!"

"Why? I'm not allowed to kiss my girlfriend in public?"

Maya faked coughing, and looked at her hands. "We haven't agreed on that yet."

"Ya we have," Lucas smiles. "Babe."

"Now that that's settled," Riley says, smiling. "Bye!"

She takes Farkle's hand, and drags him out of Mr. Matthews room.

Zay laughs, and pats the 'couple' on the shoulders.

"Great job. Call me when the wedding's planned."

And with that, he left the two alone.

"Wow," Maya sighs. "What just happened?"

"I think I got dumped and got together with the love of my life in ten minutes."

Maya looked at her phone, which was sitting on the desk. "Seven minutes."

He kissed her cheek, "What do you wanna do? Catch a movie?"

"You want to ditch?"

"Well duh, lets go find someplace to be alone."

She smiled at the ground, and then made a realization.

"No."

"What do you mean 'no?'"

Their smiles faded.

"Look Lucas, it just hit me. I used to be so independent. I don't want to rely on a guy."

"You love me."

"Yes, but if you really loved me back. Wouldn't you have put up more of a fight for me?" She asks.

"We agreed-"

"I don't care," Maya sighed. "I Foyt need you, I need me."

"I don't get it."

"I need to be independent. So, let me be independent."

and with that, she left.

He lost the love of her life in two minutes.

Again.

----------

•I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited. But I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it. I had hoped you'd see my face and that you'd be reminded,
that for me it isn't over.
Never mind, I'll find someone like you.
I wish nothing but the best for you too.
Don't forget me, I beg. I'll remember you said, "Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead,
sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead•

Adele; Someone Like You.