Chapter 40: Wrong Timing

The best things always happens at the worst times.

And the worst things always happens at the best times, don't they?

It's the way life seems to flow.

And there's so often, nothing we can do about it.

***

Tiffany Garcia sighed as she pulled out her phone, and plugged in her earplugs on the plane.

A few minutes before takeoff.

She wasn't too sure as to why Jess had called her over.

Obviously for something important, that had been clear in the tone Jess used during the conversation.

But in honestly, she and Jess really hadn't interacted that much at all over the past few months.

Why need her now all of a sudden?

Including Stacy and Lizzie.

It definitely didn't seem like a collab of any sorts.

If so, Jess knew better than to simply call them over. 

Normally she would've called them ahead of time to plan when it was best for them to come.

But this definitely didn't seem like any normal situation.

"Attention passengers, we will begin take off shortly, our flight attendants will be coming around to check if all seat belts are buckled. We ask you to please turn off mobile or electronic devices, or put them on airplane mode for the sake of a safe flight. Thank you." The intercom rushed with static before closing.

Women in fancy outfits walked up and down the aisles, checked seat belts and making sure everybody had their devices away.

Tiffany checked off her phone onto Airplane mode and shoved it in her purse.

This was going to be a long flight.

***

Stacy Hinojosa was in a rush to pack everything.

"Crap." She muttered, as she realized she'd forgotten her toothbrush.

Rushing to the restroom, she snatched up the brush and quickly stuffed it in a plastic baggie.

Practically flying out the door, Stacy madly dashed for the car, suitcase almost tipping over as she slammed the necessities into the trunk and took off.

"Curse my stupid alarm." She said aloud as her engine rumbled. 

Car zipping, Stacy sighed as her hour drive to the airport began. 

This was going to be a long ride.

***

Elizabeth (Also known as Lizzie), shuffled through her bag as a one last check in that she'd gotten everything.

"Phone, check, wallet, check, tissues, check-"

The list went on and on.

Checking her watch, Lizzie's mouth slightly frowned as the time drifted slowly.

One hour til takeoff.

She'd arrived at the airport way too early.

 Security normally wasn't this quick, but she underestimated just how fast airports could be.

Sipping from an iced tea she'd bough earlier, she scrolled through the messages earlier that week on Skype.

Aphmau, or Jess, never called Lizzie under normal circumstances.