Chapter 24: Hunt Goes Wrong

Stacy's POV

--------------

Hunting for food was certainly not my first time.

But in a new world where magical creatures and dangerous evils lurked about?

Perhaps then you can understand why I was slightly terrified to go into the woods.

But we were all starving, and if we didn't have anything to eat, we wouldn't have any energy to move and, and probably (Worst case scenario that is) be caught by some dark forces and killed.

Keep it cool Stacy, nice, happy thoughts, okay?

I wasn't too keen on the idea of killing animals either.

Kato the Bloom, AKA a freaking warrior, or not, it was still hard.

Nothing much was in the mountain forests strangely. (Totally not being sarcastic)

I'd found an orange tree earlier on, but the fruit wasn't ripe enough for harvest.

I had to resort to taking out my sword just in case because of the thick, swollen branches that blocked my path.

Slashing through it with ease, I came into a small clearing of nothing but a dirt patch.

Almost as of nothing grew here.

One flower bloomed in the center.

It was a small, dead daisy.

I stared sadly at nature's toll that had been taken upon the small fern.

Movement.

A little brown bunny hopped out of the bushes.

A bunny.

A sweet, fluffy creature.

But also food.

My mind went bonkers with debate, part of me refusing to kill animal-kind, and another half pestering for survival among the wild.

But in the end, I knew what had to be done.

I raised my crystal sword shakily, but before I could plunge it into the brown, furry mammal, its head snapped up and it jumped out of the way.

I frowned. 

Obviously it would move, or probably notice, but I hadn't expected such a jerky reaction.

It didn't seem very...

Natural.

Especially from a bunny.

It let out a small cry. The cry an animal makes when it's scared or calling.

A whimper, mixed with a high shriek of indignity, the refusal to be stricken down.

A thousand heartbeats of thumping beat in unison as an entire herd of bunnies hopped out of the bushes.

All also moved in unison as they turned to stare at me.

"That's probably not good, is it?" I asked in a quiet whisper.

The bunny I'd first been about to kill stepped forward, standing out because of its brown fur against the sea of white coated others.

At first, it's ears twitched.

Then it changed.

They all did.

Surprisingly, it wasn't too major.

In fact, each developed differently.

The brown one gained large stag horns that protruded between its fluffy ears, and its body increased in size, giving it the biggest appearance.