Chapter 9: The Divine Protectors

All will be revealed...and so it shall...

Third Person POV

------------------------------

"Long ago, there were three divine protectors of Irene." Hyria began.

"That's not possible. Wouldn't we of heard of them?" Lucinda argued.

"Hush child and I shall explain!" Hyria scolded, which Lucinda rolled her eyes at.

"The three protectors were, Diana the Bud, Kato the Bloom, and Auora the Blossom-"

"Why such strange titles?" Laurence interrupted.

"Do children have no patience these days!" Hyria exclaimed angrily.

"Sorry." Laurence muttered, shooting Hyria a dirty look.

"As I was saying, these three were the first of divine people to rise in this world. For their purpose would be to guide Irene through her steps in life. Diana the Bud would teach Irene as she was a young child. Kato the Bloom would teach Irene as she grew up through her older years. Finally, Auora would teach Irene as an adult."

"Like different stages?" Aphmau questioned.

"Correct." Hyria agreed.

"What did they teach her?" Garroth asked.

"In time, for now, listen." Hyria said mysteriously.

"As a young girl, Diana taught Irene to love, care, and be kind. She was the gentle one of all the three and hoped Irene would put these emotions to good use in the future. Teaching Irene about the good in the world, she also told Irene not all shadows were bad, such as herself."

"Such as herself?" Katelyn echoed curiously.

"Yes. Diana of all the three was the kindest, yet the darkest. Her powers reached into the shadows, making her a large target for many shadows. Yet unlike most shadow creatures, her heart was as pure as an angel." Hyria explained.

"Like a good Shadow Knight." Laurence put in.

"Not quite. She did not go through that process, for she was born with these dark abilities. She could forge the strongest weapons and armor from pure darkness itself!" Hyria exclaimed.

"The story?" Lizzie coughed.

"Very well. Irene learned well from Diana and moved to the next stage. Kato the Bloom. Kato was the fiercest of the three, and she taught Irene to fight using many weapons. She told Irene stories of the outside world, and how she had to stay strong. She taught Irene to be brave, strong, and courageous. She told Irene to prepare."

"For what?" Aphmau asked.

"The future. Kato was gifted with the sight. She could see glimpses of the future. She saw, that although the kindness and love might take Irene far, it would never get her through future war and strife."

"Kinda depressing if you ask me." Katelyn interjected.

"Kato is the reason Irene could fight so well." Hyria chided. "For she helped Irene grow her wings, metaphorically and literally."

"So Kato gave Irene wings?" Garroth asked.

"No. Kato helped Irene gain wings of her own." Hyria said.

"So Kato had wings." Lucinda murmured, casting a glance at Stacy.

"Indeed. Some say her wings matched the color of the clear blue sky." Hyria sighed as if remembering.

Stacy sharply inhaled.

"Finally, when Kato believed Irene has succeeded, she pushed her on to the next stage. To train with Auora."

Hyria took a deep breath.

"Auora taught Irene's finally stage in life. She taught Irene fear and danger. She told Irene the bad in the world, and often sent her on quests to slay beasts of her own creation. Auora could use nature itself and bend it too her will."

"So she sent Irene to risk her own life?" Katelyn put in incredulously.

"It was a lesson that needed to be taught." Hyria deadpanned. "For if Irene had not fought those monsters, she might've never been ready for the outside world. The most important lesson Auora taught Irene, was hope."

"Hope?" Aphmau asked.

"Hope." Hyria agreed. "Each time Irene was sent to slay another monster, she always had hope. She could emerge from a battle swathed with wounds, but triumphant because Auora had planted a seed of hope in Irene's heart. She once said to Irene, "Always hope. Even if all is lost, there is always another way."

Cupquake clapped silently.

"Irene left the protectors old home and came out as a strong, beautiful warrior. The protectors were then known as the bud, bloom, and blossom. Diana, who had started the growth, became the Bud. Kato, who had nurtured Irene to be a fighter, became the Bloom. Auora, who sent Irene on her way to greatness, became the Blossom."

"But what happened? How come we've never heard their story until now?" Aphmau wondered.

Hyria sighed sadly. "It was a dark time. The protectors has stayed with Irene, fighting by her side for ages. Although this was not specified, the divine protectors vanished around the time Irene lost all feeling. You see, during these dark times, trusts were broken. The Divine Warriors understood that the protectors meant a great deal to Irene, but many did not trust them. What gave them this seed of doubt, I do not know. Many of the Divine cast out Diana for her shadow magic, and she was quite mistrusted for it. Most of the Divine disliked Kato's ways of fighting, and feared she might turned against them. They all believe Auora was too weak to help fight because her magic was in nature. All the three protectors tried to bear with this harsh group but it became unbearable. They sought out Irene, but Irene was already in distress. With her emotions mixed and indecisively scattered, she was not stable enough to help."

The group exchanged nervous looks.

"One night, the protectors went to Irene, and tried to help her, but Irene was not in a good mood. She lashed out at her protectors, unaware of her own strength at the time, and banished the protectors away."

"No..." Aphmau whispered.

"Yes." Hyria sadly denied. "After realizing what she'd done, Irene wept for days, unable to come despite the Divine's attempts to coax her. The story of the protectors was lost in time. The Divine refused to speak of them. Irene could not bear to even say their names because of the guilt that she, was the cause they were gone."

"Then how do you know this?" Lucinda asked.

"I have been alive for centuries. I know much." Hyria said.

'Dang, she old.' Cupquake thought silently.

"But where did the protectors go?" Lizzie questioned. "You said they were banished. To where?"

"Rumors of the protectors locations have been toyed with. It is hard to say what is true now. One particular story is what I believe. The protectors, cast out, bid farewell to our world. They simply left to other realms."

"Other worlds?" Aphmau asked, shock lacing her words. "Like, other dimensions?"

"Possibly." Hyria mused. "It was said that the protectors created their own worlds and would visit each other occasionally but went their separate ways, for the world's they'd created would be a deadly combination if merged. They settled down and lived on peaceful lives as normal people. However in the process, agreeing to erase their memories of Irene and her world."

"But why?" Garroth asked.

"So they could forget the pain and suffering of another life..."

-------------------

Bet you ten drachma none of you expected this :3.

Surprise, surprise, ain't that nice?

EXTRA CHAPTER CUZ I FEEL BAD LEAVING YOU GUYS IN CHINA ON A CLIFFIE!