Prologue: Change the Reality

Start from the beginning

 You now heard your own low voice and the anger swill up in you. 

"They are in my head, they are talking to each other." Your voice grew louder with every word.

Horror was to be read in her face.

 "But,-"

"No," you are taking a dangerous step towards her.

 "You just play to be my friend and make you the imagination that you know what I think! What I want! "

You did not even notice that you came closer and you build up before her. "That's a lie ...leave me .... just leave me alone!"

A brief moment of silence came in, where you jerked back, horrified by yourself. Quickly you turned and ran home.

Injured and confused. You were not that type person. Where you?

But when you entered the sterile, white house, it was empty and dark. They  both weren't there. Not yet. Your father was certainly still in the laboratory to investigate finds of excavation and your mother in the office. You were not keen on the two of them coming back. It was never nice when the two were together. Never.

Still completely confused about the previous outbreak, you moved around and went to the garage. You wanted to forget what happened. There, in a small room next to the big garage, you always screwed on something. Your father's excavations did not interest you ... but machines! They fascinated you. Already in elementary school you had started to learn how to assemble them, repair them.

You just enjoyed sitting there. To forget the stress and the reality... alone with yourself for a few hours. Until the late evening.

23:00 PM

Your parents were still not back, but that was normal. Sure, it was not a special day. You got up and went upstairs to getting you bed ready. While you were cleaning your teeth you were listening.

Silence.

You still heard nothing. It worried you, you did hear it ...or them every day. Only today ... nothing but silence.

As you rolled in your bed and listening  to the silence, you felt a heaviness in you. Something dark, cold, and aching grew slowly in your chest.

Back and forth.

You did not find any peace and couldn't get rid of the happenings of today. It would change a lot. At least you hoped it would and that scared you.

How much time had passed when you heard how the door opened below ? You didn't know it. It had felt like an eternity. Now there were soft noises and your heart twitched as the door opened a second time. They were back. Your parents.

You hit the blanket over your head as they began to talk aloud. Suddenly you missed the silence. They screamed to each other. Actually you must be used to it, but you weren't.

Probably they were arguing about the present day. Because they had forgotten him, because no one had been here with you.

'Keep your mouths shut,'   you thought.

"Just be quiet!"

Infinitely lost and alone you held your ears. Again. But the drone went only louder and the heaviness inside you found his way out as the first tear ran down her cheek. "No ..." you whimpered and a sobbing escaped you when you could not stand the pain anymore.

"No! Why today? Why am I always the one... ", the whisper went under sobbing. Without knowing where to go with yourself or whose fault all this was you were trying to squeeze the pain. To close it in again, but that only made it worse.

"Please ... stop fighting. It's not ... it's not worth it ... after all this time. "

Your body was trembling and you thought you would not calm down today as the fear in you rose.

'Do not cry little being. I assure you , you are not alone.'

There was a reverb in you, and it grew louder and clearer. At first you did not want to listen. They should finally keep their mouths  shut!

But slowly you realized that voice, in your head, spoke directly to you . 

"Who ... is there?", Your voice was still completely broken and you  tried to stop the flow of tears.

'A friend'

Something in you went quiet and the loneliness drifted away.
You were not alone. Something changed

And you didn't know how right you were

____________________________

Thank you for reading. I know that's probably not clear what Reader-Chan is going through or well....what this chapter is meant to tell you.

But in the following chapters the things will get clear.

I hope you enjoyed reading and leave me some feedback ~