The Good Guy [Part 2] - Iwaizumi Hajime

Start from the beginning

"That's why I'm here to rest, duh." She joked which received an 'oh' from the ace.

You had seen the two chat from afar and you admit that sometimes you would get a lil jealous, but seeing them talk and interact literally right in front of you was somehow heart aching for it was like a slap on your face that Iwaizumi once had feelings for her... or still had. Nobody really knew.

Then, you finally stood up, wincing a little as you felt a small jolt of pain on your wounded knee. Thank heavens Iwaizumi didn't hear that for you really didn't want him to worry. "Uh, hey." You tapped his shoulder, making him turn to you. "I have to go." You said, faking a smile.

"(favorite club)?" He asked and you nodded. "Oh. I'll meet you at the library later?" You were a bit surprised that he knew about you studying later for a test. You told him that two days ago and he still remembered.

"Yup." You responded. "See ya." You waved at him and politely bowed good bye to Furushita.

——

"Yosh." You said to yourself as you finished fixing your bag. You had been studying for almost two hours, damn being a third year was really hard. You stared at the window and saw how the skies were slowly turning into an orange, slightly pinkish color. Realizing that it was getting a little late, you immediately took out your phone from your bag, expecting a message or two from Iwaizumi, yet when you opened, there wasn't any. It was kind of unlike him. Usually at this hour, volleyball practices are done and he would text you that he would be there in a few. You then decided to send him a message saying that you just finished studying, also asking if his practices were done just to make sure.

The blackette said earlier that he would meet you at the library, so you waited. You waited for his reply, you waited for him to come. After about twenty minutes, he finally replied.

To: y/n ❤
From: hajime ❤

hey, i'm sorry i didn't tell you earlier, there was a slight emergency so i'm not gonna be able to walk you home.

did you stress yourself out to much again? if you did get ready for some scolding tomorrow

take some rest when you get home

be safe okay?

You smiled as you felt your heart melted, knowing how Iwaizumi cared a lot about you that he had to send these text reminders. Concern and worry then built up when you then again read his first text. You hoped he didn't meant a really big emergency, you hoped he was okay.

To: hajime ❤
From: y/n ❤

okay then :) and don't worry cause i'm fine

You texted as you left the library and started walking. You then received his reply when you were finally by the school gates.

To: y/n ❤
From: hajime ❤

you sure?

To: hajime ❤
From: y/n ❤

yeah. are you alright tho? what was the emergency?

You then felt your chest tightened, heart sinking as you read Iwaizumi's reply.

To: y/n ❤
From: hajime ❤

i'm fine, y/n. i had to take nagi home because her trash of a boyfriend couldn't. she was sick and kusokawa said he needed to practice more so someone just had to. i'm at her house right now waiting for her parents.

You didn't know how or what to reply so you just didn't. Plus, he was probably busy taking care of Furushita, reason why it would take so long for him to reply.

It hurt you so bad just thinking about Iwaizumi being with her, not to mention alone at her house. Sure, you understood why he did that, the person was sick and needed to be taken care of. But this person wasn't just any other person, Furushita Nagi was the protagonist of the story. Two of her closest friends which are coincidentally best friends fell in love with her.

She didn't choose the good guy, but who knew? Perhaps there was going to be a plot twist, perhaps the good guy hadn't moved on yet, perhaps they still had a chance.

And that possibility scared you the most.

——

You stared blankly at your opened textbooks on your small study desk, trying your hardest to find focus. You knew you just studied, but you needed a distraction from overthinking about your boyfriend and his first love. You turned off your phone before placing it on your bed earlier before studying so you could prevent yourself from texting obviously jealous sounding messages for you thought it was going to be a bother.

Your brain finally gave up as you let your head rest on the desk, trying to fight the already forming tears from falling. Thoughts then filled your mind, the same thoughts that had been haunting you since afternoon. Him.

You wanted to know so badly if Iwaizumi already had feelings for you or not, you wanted to know if he already moved on, you wanted to know but the fact that he still cared so much about her could tell a lot, which was a negative. He haven't even said those three special words to you yet.

It had been months and you tried you best to help the ace move on and be happy. But was your best even good enough?

You blinked two times, letting the formed tears finally fall from your sad eyes.

A sigh then came out of your mouth as you stood up and looked at the clock. It was almost 7 pm and you really had no idea what to do anymore for studying once again wasn't really a good distraction. It was too early for you to sleep but you thought why not.

You were about to sit on your bed when you heard a loud knock on your apartment's door. Curious on who might that be, you quickly wiped the tears on your face as you ran down from your room to the front door. You fixed your posture and tried your hardest not to look all messed up for the unknown visitor and finally opened the door, only to be slightly surprised to see him.

"H-Hajime?" You said with wide eyes.

"Hey, Y/N." The blackette smiled with a little bit of effort for it seemed like he was still catching his breath for some reason.

"What are you doing here? It's late." You asked softly.

You noticed how his face turned a bit red before responding. "I just– I was worried. You suddenly didn't reply to my text this afternoon nor my latest ones, you weren't answering my calls either and that's so unlike you because you're always on your phone. I–" He took a deep breath as his face became more red yet his eyes looked into yours genuinely. "I needed to know if you got home safely."

You couldn't help but giggle at how adorable he was, your heart suddenly fluttering yet it wasn't enough to cover the doubts. "You're a really good boyfriend, Hajime."

Iwaizumi chuckled before taking a good look at you and finally noticing your slightly swollen eyes with little circles of red on the bottom of them. His lips then formed a frown at the sight. "Y/N, were you..." He hesitated.

"Hmm?" You raised an eyebrow.

He wasn't dense, the ace knew you well, and he knew that you were going to bothered by him being with Furushita. But he didn't know that it was going to hurt you this bad. "Nothing."

"Okay?" You faked a smile. "Would you like to come in for some coffee or tea tho? It's a little cold."

"I'd love that."

———
yes, there's going to be a part three. i lowkey wanna make this a legit fanfic tho like an individual book but i'm too lazy and inactive i'm so sorry.

i didn't reread/recheck/edit or whatever lol so feel free to laugh at my grammar errors and typos