Talk Me Down - Sugawara Koushi

It was 2 am and you two were on the floor in Suga's room. He was leaning on his bed with you sitting on his lap, facing him with your arms around his neck, burying your face on it. His arms embracing you, treasuring every minute, every second of this moment as the room was filled with nothing but silence.

"Y/N, you should sleep." Your boyfriend said, breaking the comfortable silence.

 "No." You responded quietly. "I want to stay like this."

Sugawara just graduated and you were so happy for him as an underclassman, best friend, and girlfriend. But you knew this day would come. He chose to go to a college that was too far away from you and his home. Your heart quickly sunk when he told you, but you didn't complain because you knew that that was for the best. Though, you couldn't control your depression. He was leaving. You were not gonna be able to see his beautiful smile everyday like you used too. But that was not the saddest part.

Yesterday he tried to break up with you. He didn't want to, he loved you too much. But he thought about it, you two wouldn't survive a long distance relationship. With his studies, academics, and volleyball, it would be really difficult to find time for you or relationships. So he decided to do it. He didn't want to hurt you but breaking up was the only choice.

His flight was scheduled later at 7 am. You didn't accept his break up offer but instead you asked him if you two could stay together a little longer and officially break up 1 hour before his flight. He thought it was a ridiculous idea. But he agreed to do it, just because he wanted to be with you before he leave.

"Stay." You said, hugging him tighter, tears forming in your eyes.

"Y/N..." Suga smiled sadly, wishing he could really just stay here with you forever.

You spoke again as tears finally fell. "I know that's not going to happen. But I just can't imagine my life without you, Koushi."

He pulled away from hugging you and held your face with his hands as you looked at his light brown orbs. Suga wiped a tear from your face and smiled again. "I'll come back for you okay? I'm going to do my best at college so I can have a properly nice job someday. So I can marry you and give you a great future." He looked deeply into your eyes as tears fell from his.

"I'll wait." You said, giving him a small but meaningful smile.

Suga gave you a warm embrace, squeezing you, giving your neck a sweet kiss. You then hugged him back, feeling safe in his arms.

"I love you, Y/N." He whispered, moving his head to kiss yours gently. "Take care of yourself. Oh and take care of the team for me too." He slightly laughed.

You chuckled. "Of course, anything for you. I love you so much, Koushi." You said as your hug tightened.

***

You two slept for about 2 hours earlier in each others arms. When you woke up, Suga decided to walk you home since he already prepared for the flight last night and your house was only two blocks away from his. It was 5:58 am, you and Suga were outside of your house, facing each other, wishing for time to stop.

"2 more minutes before our break up." You said, looking at him with a sad smile.

He stared at you, trying his hardest not to cry again. "I'm going to miss you." He said.

"Me too." You responded. After a few seconds of silence, you held Suga's face and pressed your lips onto his. He responded and gave you a sweet and passionate kiss. You wrapped your arms around his neck as he rested his hands on your hips. The kiss lasted for about 6 seconds until you two pulled away and stared at each other's eyes.

Unaware of the time, you looked at your watch and saw that there's only 7 seconds left before 6 am.

"I guess this is good bye." You said to the gray haired. "For now." He responded.

It was now 6 am. The two of you, your 3 year relationship is over. You wanted to cry, your breathing getting heavier and heavier every second, but you forced yourself not to shed a tear, just because you didn't want this to be such a sad ending. Although it was.

"Bye, L/N-san." Said your ex boyfriend, slightly bowing.

"Have a safe flight." You responded and he smiled, turning around and started walking away.

***

You looked away, facing your front door. You took a deep breath, covering your mouth as you closed your eyes, letting tears fall. You felt yourself shaking as you sobbed quietly.

What you didn't know was that before completely walking away, Suga took a last look at you and saw you hurt. That gave him so much pain. As he continued walking, tears finally fell from his eyes, knowing that there was only a fifty percent chance that you two were going to be together again when he comes back.

Because destiny is a funny thing. Destiny is unsure.

You then entered your house and realized he was gone for just a minute and you already wanted to sleep next to him. And that's all you wanna do right now...

Tomorrow, the day after, and probably for the rest of your life.