Cool [Part 2] - Nishinoya Yuu

You got home safely before the sun fully set, thankfully. You texted Noya as you entered your room. You knew he would send you multiple messages asking you if you were already inside your house if you didn't text him first.

He replied shortly and after a few minutes you then received a call from him and basically you talked all evening. Though this time, you tried to lessen the volume and cheerfulness of your laugh, replacing it with an embarrassing forced giggle. You tried so hard not to use your usual loud laugh and your boyfriend noticed it somehow through the phone.

He started to worry but decided to just ignore it, thinking you were just tired.

The next day, you tried some even more new things. You asked your mom to fix your hair a little and she was completely surprised yet grateful that her daughter was starting to be more 'girly'.

She put your H/C hair in a cute french braid/(if short) half up-half down hairstyle. It wasn't that bad, you kinda liked it. But hated the feeling of not being able to move your head or even body more without ruining your hair. You wear your uniform normally this time, put slight powder on your face to avoid oiliness, and colorless lip balm on your lips to avoid it from getting chapped or dry.

The hair thing was okay but putting all these stuff on your face kind of disgusted you. You told yourself to hold on and sacrifice your pride to the beauty Gods. All of these was for you to look cool and pretty... like Kiyoko, like how Noya would want a girlfriend to look like.

The things you do for him.

As you walked through the hallway of Karasuno, you felt... weird. Every girl stared at you with a surprised expression similar to your mom's while almost every guy stared at you with their eyes widened and slight blush on their cheeks.

"Is that L/N Y/N from class 2-4?"

"She actually fixed herself. I'm gonna be honest, she looks cute."

"Not so messy anymore eh, hottie?"

"Wait, woah. L/N-san's a girl?"

You entered your classroom and put your bag down by your desk but were interrupted by a familiar voice calling your name. "Y/N! Y/N-chan!"

You turned around, seeing the spiky haired male running towards you. You then gave him a smile, forcing yourself not to shout his name like you would usually do. "Hi, Yuu." You said as casual as you could to him.

The libero then raised an eyebrow, examining your appearance. "You look different today." He said with his usual grin. Was that a compliment though?

"U-Uh, thanks." You responded quietly, looking down at your shoes.

His smile slowly faded as he noticed the change in your voice. "Hey, Y/N?"

You hummed in response as you looked into his eyes.

"Let's go somewhere private. I wanna do an honesty hour." Nishinoya said seriously this time.

Oh no. You smelt something fishy. But more like, a fishy confrontation. "What? But we're going to be la–"

Your boyfriend cut you off by grabbing your wrist, dragging you out of the room to the school rooftop. Probably because that was the only private place in there. That was also the only place where all of your 'honesty hour' happened since you started this routine.

Honesty hour is somehow an obligatory thing made by Noya where you ask each other questions and be completely honest with an answer. This surprisingly saved your relationship many times​.

"You've been acting strange since yesterday. Is there something wrong?"

Your eyes widened at his question. "S-Strange? What do you mean?"

He moved closer to you and you felt the air getting intense. "You didn't let me walk you home, you've been holding your laughs on the phone last night, and now you look completely different. In a good way, but still."

You felt your heart beat faster, clenching your fist as you felt nervousness and anxiety from the thought of your insecurities. Were you going to tell him?

"Please, Y/N." He held your hand. "Tell me what's wrong."

You then finally sighed in defeat. "I... I wanted to look cool and adorable." Your face heated as you blushed at your own words.

"Huh?"

"I tried to start practicing a gentle laugh. C-Cause that's what you like right? I just really wanted to be cool like... the vbc's manager." You felt tears forming in your eyes as you realized you just practically told him that you were jealous and insecure.

You noticed Nishinoya frown as he squeezed your hand. His heart sunk at your words. He felt horrible for making his girlfriend feel that way.

"Y/N..."

"I'm sorry, Yuu. I just wanted to be good enough for you." Tears finally fell from your eyes as you looked down.

Without warning, Noya gave you a tight embrace. He buried his face on the crook of your neck and spoke. "I'm the one who should be apologizing, Y/N. I'm sorry for making you feel that way." He pulled away and caressed your cheek with his hand, wiping a tear from your face with his thumb.

The blackette leaned closer and you slowly closed your eyes, feeling his lips against yours. You felt something weird yet pleasing in your stomach. Was it the breakfast you ate or was it butterflies? Mhm, it was definitely butterflies.

You both pulled away slowly, catching your breath as you stared at each other's eyes.

"You already are cool and adorable, Y/N." He spoke again. "I love you. Everything about you. The way you laugh, talk, walk, dress, smile, swear, tell jokes, use too much sarcasm. I love all of it, all of you. And I'm so stupid to not make my own girlfriend feel special enough even though she's more than special to me."

You unintentionally snorted and laughed loudly as you wiped your tears, this time was caused by happiness from hearing those sweet words from your boyfriend. "That's horribly cheesy." You said, laughing.

He grinned, looking at you. "There we go!"

Your laugh slowly turned into a sweet smile. "Thank you so much, Yuu. I love you so much."

He then suddenly moved his hand to the back of your head as he slowly removed your hair tie/clip, leaving your hair as slightly messy as before. He put the hair tie/clip in his pockets and moved his hand again, this time he used his thumb to wipe the remaining lip balm on your lips.

"You don't have to change anything for me ever again okay? Besides, I don't like it when other guys stare at you." You saw him blushed as he looked away.

You chuckled at his actions and spoke again. "Don't worry. I don't like wearing those stuff anyway."

"Good."

The both of you heared the school bell rang and you looked at each other with a troubled face.

Let's just say you and Nishinoya got into trouble for being minutes late. Though, it was worth it.