Chapter 16

Two Weeks Later

"You have the number to the hotel?"

"Again, yes."

"And the number to Em's doctor, should anything happen?"

"Dad...again...yes."

"I'm only making sure. This is the first time we're leaving you guys for this long alone," Ben told Nate. "Your mother worries and so do I. We just want to make sure you both have everything you need." Nate sighed, "Dad, I've got every number possible, mom stocked us up on enough food to last us through the apocalypse and you're leaving your car keys so I can drop off and pick up Conner and Scar from school. If anything goes wrong, I'll call you."

Ben took a deep breath and looked at his eldest boy. "When did you grow up so fast?" He asked, before giving him a hug. "I love you. We'll be back in a couple weeks." He pulled back from the hug, then called, "[Y/N], let's go! We're going to miss our flight! And kids, come down here to say goodbye!" 

Conner and Scar came rushing down and gave Ben a huge hug. "Oh, I'm going to miss you two rascals," Ben said. "Be good for Nate and Em, alright?" They both nodded and he gave them each a kiss on the cheek. When he looked up the stairs, he could see Em struggling to come down. 

"Darling, you didn't have to come down," Ben softly told her. "I would have come up to say goodbye." She shook her head and told him, "It's fine. I need to get out of bed anyways." She hugged him around the waist and he gently hugged back. 

After placing a couple kisses on her head, he told her, "I love you, baby girl. Call us if you need anything, alright? We're just a plane ride away." She nodded and said, "I will. Have fun, daddy." Ben smiled and smacked a kiss to her cheek. 

He then gave a pointed look to Nate. "I know I don't have to tell you this, but keep an eye on her. Again, I know I don't have to tell you, I just really want to enforce it here." Nate put his hand on his dad's shoulder and said, "I know. I promise I will."

A few moments later, you came downstairs looking rushed. "Sorry, sorry I just needed to grab some last minute things! I'm ready!" Ben took your hand, then looked to all the kids. "Alright, well, this is it. Have fun, don't throw any parties, and look after each other. We love you."

They all told you they loved you, too, then you and Ben walked out and got into the car. "Ready for the most needed vacation in history?" He asked, as he drove and held your hand. You looked over to him and said, "Oh God, yes."

**

Jade Mountain was the most beautiful thing you have ever seen! Where your private bungalow was, it gave you the perfect, breathtaking view

Jade Mountain was the most beautiful thing you have ever seen! Where your private bungalow was, it gave you the perfect, breathtaking view. The bungalow itself was amazing with two bedrooms, two bathrooms, the master bedroom and ensuite built for king. The kitchen was massive as well and would prove to be very useful when you decide to have a night in.