Chapter 15

It's been nearly twenty-six hours since he's gotten any sleep. Twenty-six. He's been at the hospital with Em, while you were taking care of the kids and making sure they were getting to school. You also had work obligations, but obviously wanted to be with your daughter. Ben insisted you do what you need to do.

The doctor has come out and given him updates, but nothing's changed in the past several hours. They were still running some tests, have been for a while now. Ben ran his hand down his face and let out a deep sigh. He was exhausted, but he knew he couldn't sleep, not until he knew his little girl was okay.

"Mr. Cumberbatch?" A voice called, making him jump. He looked up and saw the doctor that's been running the tests on Em. He quickly stood up, then asked, "How is she?" The doctor told him, "She's fine. We gave her some medication to help her stomach settle and to help her sleep for a bit."

Ben nodded and said, "Okay. What's wrong with her?" The doctor sat down and Ben sat down next to him. "It's simply the stomach flu," he was told. "When you told us about her heart condition, I wanted to run some more tests on that. Everything is clear there."

Ben sighed in relief and actually chuckled. "Thank God," he breathed. "Thank God, okay, when can she come home?" The doctor told him, "Today. I have the discharge papers, you just need to sign them." Of course, Ben signed them right away and called you to let you know he was getting Em home.

He had to wait for her sleeping medication to ware off, but once it did, he helped her get dressed and got her the hell out of there. "Am I going to be okay?" She asked as Ben carefully drove home. He glanced over at her and said, "You're going to be fine, love. You just have the stomach flu. We'll get you home, get you in bed and I'll make you soup and whatever else until you feel better."

When he got her home, he helped her into bed, then called you. "How is she? Did the doctor say anything before you left?" You asked. He smirked and said, "No, darling, he didn't. It's just a bug, she'll be fine. I'm giving her some pills and food right now."

After reassuring you that everything is going to be fine, he hung up and gave Em her food. "I'll be in my office if you need anything," he told her after getting her settled. Once he got to his office and sat down, he let out the biggest sigh and threw his head back. 

"Please...just let things get back to normal," he begged. 

**

3 Weeks Later

Ben was a nervous wreck as he watched Em slowly make her way with Nate into the front doors of the school. This was her first day back since she got sick, so she had a lot of catching up to do. The school day hasn't even started yet and he's already waiting for the phone call, saying she fell asleep in class again. 

After getting home and getting settled with a script, he felt more at ease. This script was for a local play, rather than a movie. He's decided to cut back on films and T.V. shows for a while and get back into theater. At least he'd be home every night and he would only be a few minutes away instead of a few thousand miles. 

As he just started to get into it, you walked into his office with a loud sigh. He looked at you curiously and asked, "What's wrong?" You sat yourself on his desk and said, "I've been thinking. After everything that's been going on between Em and Conner and just...this whole cluster fuck of problems...I need a vacation. Like, yesterday."

He laughed and set his script down, before pulling you into his lap. "Tell me where you want to go and I'll have our tickets by tomorrow," he told you. "Honestly, I need one as well. Things have been so bloody tense and stressful, I just need a small escape. No offense, but without the kids as well."

You leaned your head on his chest and said, "That's what I was thinking. Just you and me on some tropical island or watching the sun set over a city...I don't know. Maybe not a city since we live in one." He nodded in a agreement and said, "Tropical island sounds nice. I can look to see if I can book a private beach or something. No fans, no...world. Just you, me and lots and lots of stress relieving sex."

You giggled into his chest and looked up at him. "Sounds like a plan to me," you said. "When can we go?" He opened his computer and said, "First off, where would my lovely wife like to go?" You pondered that for a moment, then said, "The Caribbean." 

Ben typed in Caribbean beaches. With you still in his lap and his chin resting on your shoulder so he could see the computer, he searched and scrolled and clicked on every page, until you gasped at one. "Well, I guess we're going to...Jade Mountain," he chuckled. "It looks like something we're desperately needing at the moment."

You dreamily sighed, "Yes, it's perfect!" He looked on the resort's website and found a page where people can rent private bungalows. "Okay, it looks like we can rent our own bungalow on the beach, it's right next to the water, has a view of Jade Mountain, and we'd have about five acres of the beach to ourselves. The bungalows come with a spa, as well. I'm sold."

"So am I! Oh, Benedict, can we go like as soon as fucking possible?" You were practically begging! He chuckled, then pulled you in for a kiss. "Better start packing fast because I'm booking us the first flight out of here," he told you, making you squeal in excitement. 

"I'll call Amanda and ask if she and Martin can check up on the kids every once in a while!" You excitedly told him, as you got of his lap. "Alright," he said, "I'll book the bungalow and the flights. I say we go for...two weeks?"

You gave him the biggest kiss you could muster up. "Perfect," you told him. "I love you so much." He chuckled and patted your butt as you walked away. "Don't I know it," he blissfully sighed.