intro+

the droplets of rain started pouring just outside, earning a deep sigh to escape from jimin's dear lips as the thought of once again running through the rain to get to his job, flooded his thoughts, regretting why he chose to leave his umbrella behind.

"okay, class dismissed." hoseok, their dance teacher, dismissed, a huge smile forming by his very lips, sweat evidently seen on the sides of his face. just like everybody, he was just as tired and as sweaty as they all are, gasping for air as he walks slowly, probabl, to get himself a glass of water. "see you again tomorrow, and try not to be late again jimin." he says, earning a good laugh and coo from his students at the last part, the said man chuckling as he shakes his head before giving hoseok a playful salute.

"i'll try my best, hyung." he smiles, walking over to his bag to come get a fresh towel, wiping his face with it, wanting nothing but a cold shower to relieve his aching body from all the dances and new choreographies they had been trying to learn these past few weeks.

he feels drained, like life had just been sucked out off him, sliding by the wall as he closes his eyes. he was dead tired from juggling at least three jobs everyday alongside with his dance practices. it was hell. he had to run around town since most of his destinations are a few neighbourhoods away from the other. it was tiring— exhausting, even.

he opened his eyes, his throat suddenly running dry as he reaches for his water bottle, sighing in relief as the substance finally passed over his throat, sending warmth all over his being.

jimin was about to stand up from the ground when his gaze caught sight of a familiar jet black haired boy. just like jimin, his back was pressed exhaustedly against the wall as he gasps for air, his dark hair all over his face covered with sweat. the new kid, he mumbles in his head, his eyes trained at the boy who's far too busy catching his breath than pay him any mind.

jeon jungkook, was it? he tried to remember. he was the new kid. he had been for approximately a month now. apparently, nobody was interesting enough for the boy to be his friend. that, or he's just antisocial. jimin thinks it's the latter since the boy pretty much won't even look up from his phone and give anyone even just a single glance. besides hoseok, the boy shut everyone out and paid the world no mind.

jimin just blatantly watched the boy as he pushes himself off the ground, carefully placing his things inside his backpack. it had been his routine for the past month to watch the boy scurrying away from the dance studio in a hurried manner almost everyday. for some reason, he finds the boy fascinating. for jimin, he was like a walking mystery. besides his name, nobody ever knew anything more about him: where he lives, where he came from, or just what brought him here in seoul.

also the fact that it's already been a month and the boy hasn't said a word, still, kinda made jimin frustrated for some reason. usually hoseok would round everybody up and try to talk to his students to form a bond with them, and jimin would always try to position himself closer to the boy in hopes of hearing his voice. but it would always end up with only hoseok talking as the boy nods to his every statement. it made jimin wonder if the boy was just too shy and embarrassed to talk or he's mute.

jimin wonders what his voice sounded like. but it seemed impossible, so he dismissed the idea.

but as the boy slung his backpack through his shoulders, their eyes met. dark meets hazel as they both gazed at each other, a certain pull tugged in jimin's veins as his eyes remained fixated at the boy, unable to look away from the latter's piercing ones.