하나

[ re-published 'cos wattpad's currently a mess rn smh]

one

with his back pressed against the soft mattress, his head completely comfortable with taehyung's choice of pillow, jimin finds himself wide awake at three in the morning, his best friend snoring uglily by his side as he clung to him like a koala. he could only chuckle at his clingy friend, smiling as he tries to reminisce the many adventures the've had together.

both jimin and taehyung's friendship go way back to their diaper years. their were family friends and would always be associated in each other's businesses, both being a chaebol and all. but despite being the son of one of the richest businessmen in korea, jimin longed for something more than robots and consoles. he yearned for his mother's care, his father's attention, and his older brother's support just as much as any other child growing up.

taehyung, on the other hand, was being abused by his mother, unbeknownst to his father who was always away to run their business. jimin could still remember those days wherein his heart would clench in both pain and anger every time he sees taehyung limping and having a hard time walking to class.

with their terrible fates aligned, they became the best of friends, depending on each other for everything. they brand their friendship as fate, and them being soulmates despite lacking the romantic endeavours for each other. they were more than brother in their hearts, and jimin will forever be grateful to have taehyung by his side through thick and thin. he just hopes he hasn't taken that precious gift of friendship for granted.

running away from home was both their stepping stone, funding enough money for the both of them as hey ventured into the cold, one christmas night, sneaking away as they boarded a train from daegu to seoul, hoping to leave and forget their unwanted fates behind forever.

together they built a life they both struggle to live but filled with joy and happiness. they constructed a dream filled with adventures together— wishes and hopes becoming one as they took care after each other that despite them having lives of their own, they were still inseparable. to the point that a lot of people mistakes them as a couple when in fact they're nowhere near that stage.

he pulled taehyung closer, resting his forehead against his as he whispers, "thank you," it was just a simple word of gratitude, but to jimin it meant more. it meant everything— taehyung meant everything to him. he is his only family left after all. well, in his heart at least.

"— i told you, you have feelings for me." taehyung grumbled, a small smirk plastered on his lips. jimin could only chuckle as he lightly smacks his best friend by the head.

"if you consider the bile to murder your stupid ass as having feelings for you, then yes, i have feelings for you." he retorts, earning a laugh from taehyung before they both settled into a sigh, a comfortable silence enveloping them as they gazed up the ceiling, their bodies still cuddled together like their lives depended on it.

"i wanna go to new york," taehyung says, breaking the silence as another sigh escapes his lips, a dreamy look contorting on his face. "let's go to new york someday, jimin-ah."

"how 'bout europe, tae?" jimin suggests this time. he had always wanted to tour around europe. he had always liked the poshness of the places and people in it, and also the underlying histories in its walls and beautiful sights. "i've always wanted to live in the london." he tells him. but it's not like taehyung doesn't know that already.

"nah, i kinda like paris better." was taehyung's instant response. "i've always wanted to see the eiffel tower. i heard it has a restaurant at the top. let's eat there." he says, earning a soft giggle from jimin.

"you say it like we have money to spare." jimin laughs as taehyung could only chuckle along with him and shrug. "— tae, i can't even pay rent, moreover buy a ticket to paris and pay a huge amount for a restaurant."

"that's why it's a dream, jimin." taehyung laughs, slightly poking the side of the said man's head. "it's our dream." he adds after, earning for a soft smile to register on jimin's lips as he cuddles closer to taehyung's chest.

"one day, tae." he says, his voice coated with evident promise and desire. his eyes filled with great passion as he turns to lock eyes with his best friend. "— one day we're gonna have all the luxuries in the world, and when that time comes we're gonna travel every we could think of, eat in the most expensive cuisines without feeling guilty for it. we'll be spending billions for useless shit and give the slightest fuck about it. you'll be wearing your gucci clothes and i'll be wearing something just as expensive." he finishes off with a huge smile.

at this, taehyung perked up, a huge smile reflecting his as the said mam stared back at him with the same intensity in his eyes. "we'll have that long awaited adventure we've been dreaming of, and it'll be perfect." he hears his best friend add, the both of them, bit by bit, getting hyped at the sound of their dreams being fulfilled. they started talking aimlessly about the things they wish to do someday, mentally making a list of things they hope to accomplish in the future.

jimin was happy, interrupting taehyung mid-sentence when he opened his mouth to speak, lunging himself at his friend and engulfing him into one blissful embrace. "i'm glad i met you, tae." he says, his voice now drained from all excitement as it was replaced by genuine softness. "you make life bearable. thank you."

taehyung was silent for a while, passive and unmoving. it was only then when jimin tighter did he hear chuckle emit from the other's lips, feeling his best friend's pair of hands snake its way to hug him back. "me too, jimin." taehyung tells him. "i'm glad i met you. so much."