"Liv! Stop asking questions," I gripped the branch beneath me.

There was silence as we stared down at the wolf in fear.

She whispered, "Do wolves eyes normally glow like that?"

I stared into the wolf's faintly glowing orange eyes and shook my head, "No."

Together, we said, "What the hell?"

"Do you have your phone?" I asked Liv, "We could call the..."

"I'm pretty sure they don't have animal control in Crestview," Liv filled in.

"Then who do people call?"

"The police?" she suggested, "They could... put it down?"

I nodded frantically, "Call them then!"

She unzipped her skirt pocket and pulled out her phone. She unlocked it and huffed, "Seriously? No service? We're only a little while into the forest!"

The wolf let out another loud howl and we both jumped, barely managing to remember to hold onto the branch. However, that just made Liv drop her phone. It crashed to the ground at the wolf's feet and it leant forward to sniff it before letting out yet another loud howl.

Liv asked, "Are wolves always this loud?"

"I don't know?" I shrugged helplessly.

"Well, we're stuck here," Liv frowned, "What are we gonna do, huh?"

I sighed loudly, "Don't ask me."

The wolf suddenly stood and jumped up, grabbing her blazer between its teeth. It tore it to pieces before spitting it out and sitting on the remains. 

Liv whimpered, "There goes my blazer..."

A loud, impossibly loud, howl came from deeper within the forest, causing the wolf below us to stand up quickly. 

"There's two," we said in dread.

The wolf below us howled back, seemingly much quieter compared to the other one. But it was still the same loudness as before. A brunette wolf came running into sight. It was much larger than your average wolf and bigger than the grey one. Yet, it was still thin. Tall and muscular but thin somehow. Like lean muscle rather than bulging. 

I was somewhat entranced by it's beauty before Liv whispered, "It's huge. We're not getting out of here. We're gonna die up here."

"No, we aren't," I scoffed, "They'll... send a search party or something. They do that, right?"

The brunette wolf let out a deafening howl, causing me to block my hands over my ears. When I took them off, they were still ringing. I regained balance on the branch and stared at the wolf. This wolf had faintly glowing red eyes rather than orange. It barked quickly at the grey wolf and the grey wolf dared to omit a faint growl. The brunette wolf seemed to shake his head before looking up. It almost looked taken aback by the sight of us. Within a moment, the wolf changed to a confident stance and loud out a short, quiet howl. 

I wasn't entranced, anymore. I was scared. 

Liv whispered, "I repeat... we're not getting out of here alive."

"Agreed..."

***

I wasn't sure how long we waited up here but by the time anything drastic changed it was already nightfall and I was only seeing what was below me by the light of the half-moon. 

The two wolves were sitting on the ground, watching our every moment. Occasionally, the grey wolf would bark or let out a soft growl but the brunette wolf would respond with a nip or a bite or a howl, even.