Thirty-one

I sat in a small room of an abandoned hotel. It wasn't awful. But it's wasn't great. But, it would do.

As I sat there, I let my mind wander.
It had been a day since I left the institute. And it was torturous being away.
I wanted my family. I wanted to be with the lightwoods, they were the ones who raised me. And I missed them.

And Jace. How is he doing? I wonder if he's even effected at all, by my absence.

As I sit, I become aware of the fact that the ring that Valentine gave me was twitching.
The ring lay on my collar bone, twitching like crazy, hanging From the chain with the blue spark that Jace gave me and my BloodBorn ring, that was still.

I quickly took the ring off of my neck and looked at it.
"Ow!" I yelped and dropped the ring when the ring became scalding hot.

The ring landed on the floor, and began to project a slight silver glow.
"What the- ARGGHH!" I threw myself back as a man suddenly materialized, standing over the ring.

I looked up, to the mans face, to see the dark, evil eyes of Valentine Morganstern.
"Hello, Princess" he grinned.
"Don't call me that, Valentine" I pushed myself off the floor. "What do you want?"
"I just wanted to see how you're doing. I heard you found out about you're, ah, heritage"

"You knew" I could feel the buzz of my wings getting stronger, as my blood boiled with anger. "That figures"

"You know, you shouldn't be so bitter" he says, calmly.
"I shouldn't be bitter? I am way past bitter, Valentine!" I snap. "Why are you here?"

"Well, I just wanted to make sure you knew, that soon, we will take the next steps in my plan. And I will need you by my side, and at the peek of your power" Valentine starts pacing the room.

"I have no clue what you're talking about" I growl "what power?"
"You're a smart girl, figure it out"

"Great" I rolled my eyes at the man. "You really give amazing advice"

To this he only shakes his head and chuckles.
"I'll give you the first puzzle piece"

Before I knew it, a Small object was flying at my face. By instinct i threw my hands up, to block it.
"That power"

I opened my eyes again, to see a coin floating in mid air.
"How did you do that?" I asked the man in front of me.
"I did nothing. You did" he smiled proudly "lower your hands"

Out of pure curiosity, I did what I was told, letting my hands drop to my sides.
As soon as my hands dropped, so did the coin, clattering to the floor.

"I did that?"
"You're more powerful then you know"

With that, he reached down to his hand, and twisted his own ring, then disappeared into thin air.

Suddenly my phone rang, flashing Isabelle's face on the screen.
"Izzy!" I answer the phone, swiping the ring off the floor.
"Guess again"
"Jace? Why do you have her phone? Is she hurt?"
"No, no, Izzy is fine. Well, as fine as possible. The clave arrested Merlin" after this, he proceeded to tell me the plan.

"We need you, Raz. Alec- he's not thinking right. And Iz needs you. I need you"
"I'll meet you there"

 I need you" "I'll meet you there"