Twenty

Bexley's footsteps echoed in the silence of the staircase to the city of bones, she held her head high, she stood tall, no fear showed in her eyes.

She stopped short when she heard a pair of quick footsteps behind her.
"Raz!" Jace rounded the corner, a small smirk on his face.
"What are you doing here, Wayland?" She snapped at her friend.
"I'm coming with you"

Bexley didn't try and argue with Jace, she knew he wouldn't listen. Plus, she was secretly thankful that she didn't have to go down there alone.

"Hey, Alec, enjoy your little sleep over with Magnus?" I teased, as Alec took a spot next to Isabelle, who stood next to me

We were looking at one of the large screens in the main room.

"I was looking after Luke" Alec grumbled, at this Isabelle raised her eye brows at him and he mumbled "fine, Magnus made cocktails. Nothing happened"

"How's your arm?" I asked him, having learned about the forsaken attack that happened when Jace and I were at Magnus', before Alec got there.
"I told you, I'm fine"
"Hey Bex! Alec said someone important is coming!" Max suddenly appeared behind me.

"Oh? Who's coming?"
"I don't know, he said somebody from the Clave!"
"Alec?" I looked at the raven haired boy, but before he could answer, the front doors slammed open and a man walked in, the one and only, Valentine.
His men followed behind.

Alec, Isabelle and I all reacted instantly, I shoved Max under one of the desks, before launching myself towards the man, Izzy had her whip in hand, guarding the desk that sheltered Max, Alec had his bow, waiting to shoot until I let him know I needed him.

I made it to Valentine in under a second, already having a dagger in each hand, slashing, but the men grabbed me and held me back, Valentine turning into a blonde woman.

"Impressive reaction time. But, you could do better" she said arrogantly, as the men let me go.
"And who exactly do you think you are? Walking in here, causing panic like that?" I crossed my arms.
"Lydia Branwell. envoy of the Clave" she stuck her hand out to shake mine, I kept my arms folded.

I rolled my eyes and turned sharply on my heal, walking towards the hall.
I went straight to the green house, it was the place I always went to think. I sat down on the stairs and looked out at the plants. My mind racing.

I should probably go see how Luke is doing, but I didn't want to see Jace. And what's up with this Lydia chick? I've only said a couple words to her, and I already dislike her. And Alec, he's acting all angry, more then usual.

I was ripped from my thoughts when my phone went off.

"Hello?" I picked up, to the unknown number.
"Bexley?" It was Jace, and he was panicked.
"Jace? What's wrong?" I stood.
"Bex, I need your help, I'm hurt" I was already climbing down the staircase.
"What happened? Where are you?"
"I'm near that take out place, about two miles away from the institute, in the alley"
"I'm coming, Jace, don't move!" I was now rocketing through the hallways.

I turned a corner and ran straight into someone, knocking us both down.
"Sorry" I mumble before getting up and running again.

"Hey, bex." I heard Izzy called me, standing next to Alec and Lydia, but I kept running "where are you going?"
"I'll be back" I didn't even look back as I replied, shoving the door open, running down the side walk.

With my speed and stamina runes activated, and the adrenaline rushing through my veins, I was able to get there in a quarter of the time it should have taken. I turned into the alley, panting and sweating.

"Jace?" I start looking around frantically "Jace? Where are you? Jace!"
I was shoving aside wooden crates, and old boxes.

"You're not very bright are you, Raziel?" A deep, cunning voice came from behind me. I knew this voice all to well.
"Valentine" I turned to face him, he grinned at me.

I took him by surprise when I rushed him, griping his shirt, pushing him against the brick wall of the Alley.

"You run on anger and hate. Good"
"What did you do to him?" My voice shook with worry. Jace was hurt, and suddenly here's Mr. Make everything miserable.
"I don't have him"

"Lier!" I screamed as I shoved him farther into the wall.
"Like I said before, you're not very bright" he shoves me off of him with incredible strength. I land in the dirt.
"What are you talking about?" I snarl.
"If Jace really was hurt, wouldn't his parabatai have noticed?" His smirk was evil.

"Jace was never here" I muttered, the truth dawning on me.
"There you go!" He claps, sarcastically.
"So, you lured me here. Why?"
"Well, I wanted to talk to you, Princess"
"Don't call me that"

"Ah, fire. You have plenty of fire. Good, good."
"Will you quit talking? I'd like to get to the part where I kill you and go home" I stood from the ground.
"Ah, you turned out perfect. The perfect weapon" he murmured to himself.

"What the actual heck are you going on about?"

"Okay, here's the deal" he walked closer to me. "You, are going to join me"
"Why would I do that?" I spat
"Because, if you don't do exactly what I say, I'll kill them"

"Kill who?"
"Well, let's see, The lightwood children, including the small one, that Vampire friend you have, Raphael, was it? Oh! And That mundane you've taken such a liking to" he seemed amused at my clenched fists and set jaw. "Oh, and don't forget Jace"

"Don't even think about touching any of them"
"You have your choice. You join me, and your friends are safe" he locked his eyes with mine "or, you refuse, and all your friends die, in front of you"

I began shaking.
"You have two weeks to decide"