Three

It didn't take long for Jace and I to get to the mundane's loft, maybe a half hour on foot.
Jace had explained everything on the way there, how he had bumped into her, how she followed them, how she picked up the seraph blade and it lit up, how she ran off after.

He called me because Alec and izzy just brushed it off, as just a mundane with the sight and that she would think she was just drunk or Something.

Jace looked up at a building and grabbed my hand to stop me, then pointed and said
"This is it, she should be in here"

We started up the stairs when a blood curdling scream tore through the silence, making jace and I look at each other, draw our weapons and take off up the stairs, taking three at a time.

The door to the loft was left open, what was on the other side made me stop in my tracks, if only for a second.

The place was in pieces, it looked like a hurricane had come through. Broken wood and glass littered the floor, the furniture cut up and upside down.

I peeped back in to action when a second scream hit my eardrums, causing me to run in that direction.

A Demon had a redheaded girl, pinned to a wall with its slimy tentacles. The girl had her eyes squeezed shut and was screaming bloody murder, I don't blame her, I would too, if I was a mundane.

I got to her, blade in hand, at the same time as Jace, we both stabbed the demon through at the same time, me getting sprayed with demon blood, the blood burning holes in my shirt and causing the skin under the holes and on my arms and chest to scream and turn bright pink,
But all I did was hiss out a breath as Jace, being who he is, let out a sarcastic remark.

"What? No 'thank you' for saving your life?" His eyebrows raised, a smirk on his lips.

"Leave the poor girl alone, Wayland" I scolded Jace "look at her, she's scared out of her wits"

The girl was pretty. really, really pretty, with her fair skin, speckled with freckles, those brilliant green eyes, long flaming red hair, her slim body and long legs. It didn't surprise me that Jace took notice to her.

I went to take a step towards her when she screamed and slid to the left, her back still pushed to the wall.
"I'm not going to hurt you. It's alright" I cooed to the redhead soothingly, as I put my blade in its holster behind my back, taking small steps towards the girl.
"No!" She flinched back "don't come near me!"
"I don't want to hurt you, I want to help you, I promise" I had stopped moving, but put my hand out for the shaking girl.

"How do I know you're telling the truth" she whimpered, her eyes pleading with me to prove to her that I was.
"If I wanted you dead, I would have let the demon kill you. It would of been less work" I shrugged at the girl.
"Here" I said as I took off my holsters and handed them to Jace, along with my weapons belt and the holsters on my arms, I took the blades from my thighs and gave them to jace.

"See? Now, I don't have any weapons" i pointed out.

"He's a cold blooded killer" the girl said, pointing to Jace, who was close behind me.
"Opposed to a peace loving killer?" Jace snorted
"Jace," I snapped at him, "back up"
I heard him scoff, but turned around and walked maybe to feet away from me, nonetheless.
"See? Just you and me now" I took a small step closer, my hand still out for her.
She then looked at my hand, then my face, but took my hand in hers, causing me to smile warmly at her.
"My name is Bexley" I said in an attempt to make her a bit more comfortable.
"I'm clary," her eyes meeting mine "what was that?"
"A Shax demon"
"Now your just saying words"
"A Demon, a shapeshifting demon" I explained
"Oh, I thought is was Dot" her face suddenly changed into one of wonder. "Can I ask you something?"
I nodded and she said "why is the world spinning? Is that normal?"
I then noticed the bite mark on her neck "you her bitten by the Demon, it's the venom" my voice laced with concern as she started to sway.

"Jace!" I called to him as she started to crumble to the ground, but was caught by the blond who then told the unconscious girl
"I got you. Your safe"

I gabbed my blades off the ground and put them on, and walked to the door. with Clary in his arms, jace following close behind me.

Alec's head was gonna explode.