Nineteen

"And i don't need you"
"Okay, then" Bex's voice was soft and broken.

{Jace's POV}

{Jace's POV}

As soon as the words left my mouth I wished I could take them back. But when Bex took a small step back, not making eye contact with me, and said those two, small words, my chest physically hurt, I really wished I had just shut my mouth and not asked her to go home.

"Okay, I'll leave" she squeaks out, I could tell she was trying to hold back tears. She turns around, walking swiftly towards the door.

I had never wanted anything more then I wanted to run after her, to pull her into my arms and kiss her, to hold her and tell her I'm sorry. That I need her more then anyone else.

But as Bex walked through the door of the room, Clary ran to try and stop her.
"Bex" the redhead spoke gently
"Don't" was all she said, shaking Clarys hand off her arm.

I should have gone after her, but my body was frozen. I just watched her leave. Part of me was telling me to go after her, to run to her, but there was still that part of me, that refused to show that I love and care for anyone, that part of me was holding me back, telling me that if I did, she would hate me.

Plus, she doesn't feel the same. I'm just the best friend.

{Bexley's POV}

I had stormed out of the building, fighting back tears. If he didn't need me, fine. I don't need him. The sun had set, it was pitch black. It was cold. And I was miles away from the institute. And just to add to it, half way down the street, it starts raining. Cliché, right?

"Are you serious?" I yelled at nobody "can this get any worse?"
At that moment, I hear the growl of an engine. Great. I keep stomping down the road.

"You need a ride?" I hear a familiar voice speaking over the engine.
"Perfect timing, fangs" I turn to Raphael.
"Ah, is that a yes, she-devil?"
"Well, I don't want to walk in the rain" I smile weakly at him, climbing on his vampire motorcycle.

"Where to?"
"The institute"
"You got it, hold on" I wrap my arms around his waist, so I don't fall off.

He starts to move the bike, getting faster, until everything around us is just a blur of color.
The ride is only five minutes, he stops at the steps.

"Thank you, Raphael" I hug him tightly, feeling his cool body against mine.
"Ah, I couldn't leave you out there, cold and wet, could I?" His smile shows off his fangs.
"You're not bad, Santiago. You're a big softy at heart" I tease, as he pretends to be offended.
"Don't let that information get out. I would loose all respect" he laughs, unable to scowl.

"Go, get inside, before you get sick"
"Thanks again" I start walking inside "oh, new jacket?"
"Yeah, your mundane ruined the last one!"
We both laughed.
"You come visit, soon. I miss having my devil to help plan missions" he shouts, starting the bike up again, leaving with a wink.
My smile fades as I'm left alone, the tears coming back to my eyes. All the pain and the hurt of Jace's words over took me.