Chapter 23

"So this must be the girl you were talking about." She said as she looked up and down on me.

I greeted her politely but Yoongi took my hand and told me to stop.

"We have no business here, let's go." He said as he dragged me out. "I knew this was a mistake."

"Yoongi." He stopped when I called for him. "Shouldn't you at least congratulate your mom?"

"Why would I?" He scoffed.

"I don't your past history but she gave birth to you, you should be happy that she's found love again."

"You don't get it. It's not love, it's called using people." He continued to walk away, leaving me alone in the garden.

"What's your name my dear?" His mom appeared behind and scared me.

"Ah it's Kim Yung Ee."

"It's a pretty name." She contined to walk. I followed on behind her.

"Why is Yoongi mad at you?" I asked quietly, maybe it was a sensitive topic.

"Because I left his father." She replied with no hesitation.

"What's wrong with that?"

"Yoongi thought I left him because back then he wasn't rich, and now that I left, he's loaded. But that's not what happened." She stopped and turned to look at me. "His father had anger issues and would beat me whenever he came home drunk. I normally take Yoongi over to my sister's so he doesn't get hurt. One day he asked where he was and I didn't reply so he startrd hurting me badly. That was where I decided to give up, I don't want to be beat for no particular reason."

I stood there silently and shocked when she said that.

Why would Yoongi still treat her like shit.

"I'm sorry I asked. But you shouldn't deserve that, no one should."

She patted my head and smiled, "It's alright darling. I'm surprised how you managed to handle him."

"Yeah, it's hard. But why did you invite your ex husband here today?"

"That's because he's changed after I left. He has his regrets, so I forgave him and invited him so we can all have fun."

She is literally the softest, sweetest person I've ever met. The bell began to ring, it was time.

"I didn't actually believe that he had a girl but I must thank you." She bowed and left for the wedding.

On the other hand, I tried to find where Yoongi was gone and managed to get lost.

There was a guy with a hat standing on the side of the building. He was the one standing in the corner with the other one.

I walked up to him and asked if he's seen a short guy with blonde hair walking around here.

He didn't reply at all. Strange. I continued to walk past and ended up at the same place, the garden.

How the hell do you get out of this place?

I took another direction and finally found the back of the building, where Yoongi was. He didn't look alone because he was talking with someone.

It was that girl. His fiance. I thought he didn't like her but I was shocked to see them kiss.

I looked away immediately and laughed at myself.

He was a jerk since the beginning, don't get too attached.

All of a sudden the hat guy came up to me and took his hat off.