Texts and Smirks

"I think Louis has a thing for you." Demi said.

I gripped the wheel as the muscles in my hand flexed. "No. We're just mutual." I told her. Louis liking me? Out of all people? Ha, never in a million years! "Lilly, didn't you see the way he reacted when I told you about Josh?" She asked. I recalled his reaction. When Demi had mentioned Josh's name, Louis' face became stern. The rest of the car ride had been quiet, except for his instructions as to where Simon had left him.

I turned on my turning signal as I slowly stopped at a traffic light. waiting for the light to turn green. The car in front of us had music blaring. "Louis had that bad encounter with Josh. Of course he wouldn't like him. Anyway, his reaction doesn't necessarily mean anything." I said, turning to look at her. She sighed heavily and turned to look out her window. The car grew silent. The traffic light seemed to take forever. My fingers tingled from the previous conversation.

"So, uhh...want to go shopping?" I asked her, trying to break the silence and change the subject. The light turned green as I turned the corner and continued driving. "That'd be nice, but don't think I'll drop this subject." She said. You could hear the smirk in her voice. I rolled my eyes. I drove us back to the house so Demi could change into something more disguisable and so I could get money for the shopping spree.

"Oh. Here's your phone. I think someone else texted you." She said, handing me my phone. She got out of the car as I gave her my key to unlock the door. I stayed in the car while I checked my phone. I didn't recognize the number. My heart thumped heavily against my chest. I hoped it wasn't Josh texting me again....or Louis. I pondered whether or not to open the text, but finally did.

'Hey Lilly! I was wondering if you were busy later. I'm in the area and need a help on a song. Care to join? x. -Kellin Q.'

I smiled and replied with a short text. 'Definitely! Come around 5, Demi's here too btw! I'll tell Simon. x.'

'Great! Sounds like a plan! x. -Kellin Q.'

Kellin Quinn is one of my "clients" and closest guy friends. He's from the band 'Sleeping With Sirens' Whenever it comes to working on a song with Kellin, we usually both dig deep on what's bothering us both. It's like a team effort. Usually, after working for so long on a song, Kellin and I act crazy. It's actually pretty funny, even Simon laughs at us and calls us morons. It's usually worse when Demi's here. That brings craziness to a whole other level.

 I got out of the car and walked to the front door. Demi opened the door as I was just about to. "Oh, sorry Lilly!" She said, laughing. I laughed too. "It's okay! I'll be right back!" I said, walking into the house. I smiled at the thought of the three of us hanging out. Me, Demi, and Kellin were like the three musketeers. I grabbed some money out of the drawer and ran back outside. I didn't even bothering checking how much I grabbed. I locked the bottom lock from the inside, then closed the door. I then ran to the car and hopped in.

"What's all the excitement about? Was it Louis?" Demi teased me. I started laughing. "No! Kellin's coming over later!" I said through laughs. Demi's eyes widened. "Oh my gosh!" She said. I put my seat belt on and backed out of the driveway. "I'm so excited!" She said. "Me too!" I said in reply. 

"Lilly, I know how we can tell if Louis likes you!" Demi said "What, how?" I asked. She smirked," We'll have Kellin flirt with you."