Graduation

This was it. The moment when I could walk the stage and be done with this shitty place and accept my diploma. I hadn't really thought of what I wanted to do with my life yet...there were so many opportunities that I couldn't choose from. Simon and I had a long talk about taking a break from school as long as I would go to counseling and stay out of the press.

  He knew being out in public without Louis hurt me, not to mention, he knew about the bullying that occurred. I was very reluctant to go to a therapist, but Louis convinced me that it would be good for me to talk things out.

  Louis and I spent the last few weeks studying for my finals, and keeping a down low on our relationship. Due to all the studying, we didn't get to talk as much as we wanted, which was kind of good...in a bad way to me. How do I love someone as much as they love me? What is love?

  I looked out into the crowd and saw Simon, my grandparents, Louis, and Harry out in the crowd. Since Louis couldn't appear by himself for obvious reasons, I was pretty sure some "Larry" stuff would appear later on tumblr or something. They were disguised, however, fans pretty much knew every single detail about them.

  "Lillian Claire Cowell."  My principal said. I got up from my seat to accept my diploma. I made direct eye contact with Louis, and he smiled and nodded, causing me to trip over my feet. I didn't fall, but I could hear my classmates laughing and chuckling. I rolled my eyes. This was probably the last time I'd see them. I acted happy and grateful when I shook the principal's hand, and turned away from the roaring crowd. My faced became flushed with heat, and I could tell that I was becoming red.

  After everyone received their diploma and the principal, valedictorian, and the salutatorian said a few words, graduation was over and I could get the hell out of this place.

  We arrived home with open arms, and Zayn, Niall, and Liam had set up a little surprise party. "It was Louis' idea!" Harry said, patting me on the back. "Thanks Lou!" I said, turning around to hug him. He embraced me in his arms. "Anything for you love." He said, kissing my cheek. I saw Simon raise his eyebrows from the corner of my eyes. I didn't care at this point. We were home and no paparazzi was around.

  "You guys make such an adorable couple!" My grandmother said as she grabbed a piece of cake that Liam made. "Thanks Mrs. Cowell!" Louis said, smiling. I ate a few bites of cake and talked with the boys, and suddenly got tired.

  "I'm really tired, so I'm going to go rest." I told everyone. I gave my grandparents a hug and wished them well, and told the boys that I'd see them later. Louis came up with me. "Keep the door open." Simon said. I laughed at his comment. "Yes sir." I said.

  I laid down on my bed and Louis laid next to me, both facing each other. "You know you're beautiful, right?" He asked me. I smiled lightly. He combed his fingers through my hair and studied my face, carefully, as if I were a porcelain doll.

  "What are you thinking about?" I asked him.

"How lucky I am to have you." He said, smiling very big. "I want you to know that you mean so much to me Lily." He said, stopping his fingers, and looking at me seriously.

"I know." I said, shyly.

"I don't think you do." He said. "If anything happened to you, I don't know what I'd do."

  "I'm not worth that much Lou. I wouldn't want you to do something crazy." I said. 

He pulled me in close and kissed the corner of my lips, and then my mouth. "You're worth everything to me." He said, closing his eyes and wrapping his arms around me. He began to hum "Lego House" by Ed Sheeran.

He started playing with my hair again, and the sleep over came me.