Where Have You Been?

I laid down on my bed and absorbed the numbness. I heard voices downstairs which must've been the boys. They were pretty loud, talking about random things. Then it got silent. "So Lilly lives with you?" I heard a voice ask. I popped straight up and went to my door to listen. "Yes. She used to live with her parents until when Lilly was  four, and her mother died. Of course Lilly was too young to understand," Simon paused. 'After her mothers death, her dad, or my brother Tony, became an alcoholic. He drank around 10 bottles a day, and forget about Lilly. She would care for herself. He went in denial, saying she wasn't his child. My parents took her in since Tony was doing such a poor job of caring for her. At the age of eight, I stepped in, taking Lilly under my care. She's lived with me since then." Simon said.

It went silent again, no one's voices filling the house. I decided to go downstairs and act like I hadn't heard them. I grabbed my cell phone from my drawer and opened my door. As I walked down the stairs my phone went off alerting that I had a text. I ignored it, walking to the kitchen. As I walked by the living room, I heard the voices start up again. 

"Hey Lilly!" Liam said from the other room.

"Hey." I said, opening the fridge door. I grabbed a water bottle and went to the living room. I sat down next to Simon and opened it. As I sipped my water, I checked my phone.

Josh:Hey, u ok?

It made me smile a little that he worried about me.

'Yea.' I texted back.

I looked up and saw the boys watching me. When they saw me, they immediately looked away. Zayn plugged his ear buds in as the others started talking about something else. I played on my phone, trying not to be awkward.

"So watcha listening to Zayn?" Simon asked.

He unplugged his ear buds and turned the volume up on his phone.  'Want U Back' by Cher Lloyd had just ended. "And that was 'Want U Back' by Cher Lloyd! This is your host Tony Cowell-" the voice echoed. I looked up and my body tensed. Zayn immediately turned his phone off and looked away. "I'm really sorry Lill-" he started. I got up. "I'm just gonna go upsta-yea." I said practically running up the stairs and skipping steps on the way. I slammed my door and locked it in anger. Then I threw myself on the bed. I heard a knock on the door.

"Lilly?" Simon asked.

"I don't wanna talk."

"Lilly I understand. If you want to talk, I'm here. I'm going to the studio and leaving the boys here. Emergency problem. If you need anything call. I'll be home late." he said, walking away. 

I got up and got my phone and ear buds and plugged them in. I blasted 'A Trophy Fathers Trophy Son' by Sleeping With Sirens. I remember writing the song for them. 

*flashback* 

"Lilly, I need a song. Its for a group called 'Sleeping With Sirens' It can be on whatever topic, but I need it ASAP!" Simon had said.

"Okay!" I said.

I sat on my bed. It was a chaotic night since I was thinking about my father. I had never taken lyrics out on my father before, so I thought I should give it a try. Father Father where have you been? I wrote down on paper. I let Kellin decide the name and how he wanted to sing it. He made it sound absolutely amazing, and I couldn't believe that I wrote it.

I then heard a knock on my door, but that wasn't in my flashback...

*flashback ends*

I unplugged my ear buds and sat up. I heard another knock. I got up and opened the door and saw Louis and Zayn standing there. I started closing the door until Louis stopped it with his hand. "Lilly, we're really sorry." they said in unison. I paused, standing there. "You guys, its not your fault." I responded. They both embraced me in a hug. My phone went off again and I pulled away. 

Josh:Wanna go 2 a movie?

Zayn walked away but Louis stayed. I quickly replied to Josh saying yes and he said he'd be here in an hour. "So you wanna hang with the guys and I?" he asked I looked up from my phone. "I'm sorry Louis, I can't. I just made plans." I said to him. He frowned. "Okay, I understand." he said walking away. I felt sort of bad. "Wait, Louis." I said. He stopped in his tracks. "I'm going to a guy...what...should I?..." I started. He stopped me by covering my mouth with his hands. "Shhh.  Let me guess, you need help picking out an outfit for this 'hot stuff'?" he asked. I shook my head and he took his hand away from my mouth. We both smiled.

"Boys!" he called down the stairs. They ran up the stairs, out of breath when they saw us. "Yes?" Liam asked between breaths. "Lilly here, is going on a date," he said, exaggerating the last word. "So...she needs our help picking out an outfit." Louis finished. The guys smiled. I led them to my closet, pulling out all my clothes and getting their feedback.