"Stowp…. ewi…… pwease! I am gewting dizzy!” She said in between squeals and soon I found myself getting dizzy too.  I stop spinning her around and we both drop onto the near couch while gasping for air.

Diana is my brother’s 3 year old daughter. They always visit me ormy dad whenever they have time. My brother and his wife, Anastasia, work 24/7 but when it comes to their only daughter they give their full undivided attention and they keep their job aside and have some quality time with the family. Sigh

      My brother managed to build his own restaurant. And it’s pretty cool if I may say. He not only manages and owns the restaurant but he is also the head chef. Pretty cool, eh? When we were little he was always the one who was beside my mother whenever she cooks and I was this little girl who always tries to mingle with them but failed miserably. Because it’s either burn the food or burn the whole house down. And that is really not a pretty sight to see.

      Arthur, which is by the way my big-over-protective-brother’s name, not only has the restaurant. He’s still the heir of our father’s company. And while he’s still declining my father’s offer because he says that he is not the good enough in the business line of what’s our father’s business is. I smile at the thought whenever I recall the time when we visit him at his island and he pretty much announced that our dad will hand the business to him. To say he was shocked was an understatement. He pretty much fainted when he heard it. And me being his annoying little sister of his, laughed out loud while my mother glared at me.

Mom 

     I remember every pieces of her. She was the perfect definition of a perfect mother. And yes, I can say that not because I am required to say it as her daughter and vice versa.

         She was perfect without trying to be. When I was young, I always looked up on her and copy whatever she does and being me, failed. But she always told me that,

There is no perfect person. There will be only a perfect person if you will just be yourself. Being perfect is without trying to be someone you’re not.”

    The words that came out of her mouth still linger on my mind. And soon…..the tragic just happened.

We didn’t expect that she will be gone soon. Were all devastated and for my 6 year-old self everything is vague. Arthur would always answer me that mom was just on a vacation trip whenever I question our dad, my father shut us out of her life over a year and that leave me and my brother alone on ourselves. We can’t blame our dad though, he loves mom more than he loves himself. They are high school enemies-turned-sweethearts and when they tie the knot, they became the perfect couple for a perfect family. See? How cliché was that?

        I was suddenly snapped back to reality when tiny little hands grab my face. I look down at my niece. Her pretty big blue eyes stared in mine in confusion and his pink lips turned into a frown.

“Why aw you cwying aunt el?” She questioned me and wiped a stray tear that escapes. I didn’t even notice that I’ve been crying with her in my arms. Idiot!

When I didn’t respond she continued. Aw you sad aunt el? Down’t wowy I will be there for you and mummy and daddy” She crawled onto my lap and hugged me, her tiny arms wrapped around my neck.