Chapter 10

The days flew by as the pair prepared to leave over the break. Rose had never thought within a million years that this sort of opportunity would arise. She was going to meet Newt's family! She knew it would be strange not being able to spend the holiday with the Weasleys and Harry but she would be thinking about them all, hoping they weren't too terribly worried about her.

It was finally the day that the break had officially started. Rose had been packed for days now as she was ready to meet up with Newt. She was sitting in the common room with nothing but a her backpack at her feet, Phlox in her pocket, and Ravi on her shoulders. Sweetie had taken up a spot within her backpack, which she had use the Undetectable Extension Charm on. Considering she didn't own much, even after shopping around a little, she had no reason to buy a trunk.

In her time, Rose actually had lived within Hogwarts for her first three years. Her first holiday break, she had remained in the castle with Ron and Harry. The following three holidays, she tagged along to the Weasleys. But every summer until they had rescued Sirius she had remained in the castle. Once Sirius had returned to him home, had the man, unofficially, adopted Rose for the next two summers. Even after Sirius had passed, Harry had reassured the girl that the Black home, wasn't only his, but hers as well.

Though Harry had inherited everything from Sirius, Harry knew, more than anyone, that his godfather did see Rose as a daughter. In a sense, Harry and Rose were both his children, but yet desired them to one day be together. Sirius had teased them both, but only Harry had fallen for the girl. Even if Rose didn't return the boy's feelings, Harry knew that Rose had meant a great deal to, not only himself, but Sirius. Not to mention that Rose had just as bad as a past as him. They were one in the same, neither having a place to call home until Sirius had come into their lives.

As to why the girl didn't have many things, she tended to save her money instead of spend it. Though she had more than enough money with her in this time, it didn't fathom to the amount she had in Gringotts in the future. Considering she was the last living heir of her father's family, she had received every scent he had ever earned, along with the massive family estate. Of course, due to the horrifying memories the house gave her, she had yet to do anything with it. Though she had been thinking about remodeling the interior... that is, before she was forcefully brought to the past.

Rose was currently wearing her heavy coat and house scarf, her hair tied up in a pony tail. She had made sure she was ready an hour before hand. She absolutely did not want to keep Newt waiting. However, Newt seemed to be running a bit behind schedule. If they didn't leave now, they'd miss the train.

It hadn't been too much longer before Newt stumbled out from the dormitory hallways into the common room. The poor boy looked a mess. "Are you alright, Newt?" Rose asked, getting to her feet. Newt's frantically searching eyes landed on the girl before looking around again, "My roommates decided to pull a bit of a prank by hiding all of my things. I've been on a treasure hunt for everything in my case all morning." "At least they didn't pour ice cold water on ya and freeze ya feet to the floor," Ravi smirked. "Hush," Rose shushed her creature before turning to Newt again, who was giving the girl a questionable glance about the previous statement Ravi had just announced, "What is it you're looking for?" "Oh, um, my scarf. If my mum finds out I've lost another, she'll have my head!" Newt glanced around.

Rose just gave a small smile, "Is that the last of everything they hid?" "Yes," Newt answered, still glancing around. Rose just shook her head, still smiling before unwrapping her own scarf from around her neck. She stepped up to the boy, whose attention she caught, and placed her scarf around his neck, tying it loosely as she did. "I'm afraid we don't have much time. We'll look for your scarf once we get back, but if we don't leave now we'll miss the train," Rose mused.