"Apparently her father was a Dalton alumni and wanted for her to study here."

"Okay what seems to be the problem?"

All the Warblers were looking at him incredulously. It looked like a start of another high minded debate until Sebastian gave them a look and Skylar banged the gavel.

One Warbler decided to raise his hand instead.

"Yes,"

"With all due respect." He said warily. "What we are trying to figure out is what to do. A female student in Dalton Academy hasn't been unheard of. But a female Warbler has never happened before. What of brotherhood and tradition."

"What about the sexual tension?" another asked, "We can never get anything done."

"Warblers, seeing as I am an alumni, I am a non-voting member of this council. So I shall leave the decision of the council and it's members. But let's be on the right side of history here. The Warblers started since the 17th Century. When women were home givers and carers. We are in the 21st Century. Women are now leading nations, making significant change in the world. We do not have the luxury be as closed minded as our predecessors."

"What about Squirrels." John (the idiot) said. "Should they be allowed to join the Warblers the very premise of your argument is laughable."

"So is yours." One of the Warblers exclaimed and the argument was back on. Sebastian and Skylar both rubbed their temples as the Warblers continued to argue. Skylar banged his gavel.

"As current Head Warbler, I propose a compromise. We may be allowed to refuse entry based on gender or we may not. But what is not in question is our right to refuse entry based on talent."

The Warblers looked at him blankly.

"What I mean is, shouldn't we first find out if she can sing?"

"All those in favor?"

"Aye!"

"Okay, so I think my work here is done." Sebastian said. Putting his hand on the side of his pillow and he found his glasses. "And lookie here, you guys actually helped me with my current issue. So I have a long weekend sometime next week due to some big meeting. So I am swinging by to check on you guys. And of course don't hesitate to call."

After the Warblers said their goodbyes, Sebastian sighed.

"Back to work"

~()~

Sebastian arrived at Ohio late Friday night and met with Skylar at Lima Bean Saturday afternoon.

"So any update with the girl Warbler front?"

"Well." Skylar said playing with his hands. "Jane can sing. She was amazing."

"But?"

"The Warblers stood against her." Skylar said. "I really don't want to break the bad news to her. She's in one of my classes. She's nice and has a very good personality..."

"Skylar," Sebastian interrupted. "You are the Head Warbler. Elected by nnot only me but your fellow Warblers. And as cheesy as it sounds, With great power..."

"Comes great responsibility, I know." Skylar said with his head down. "When did you start quoting Spiderman?"

"Since I started living with my geeky brother again." Sebastian said with fondness. "If it were regular auditions it would be fine to post up a sheet of paper with those who got in but she approached you directly. So it is your responsibility to tell her yourself. Despite your personal decision on her spot on the team."