Personal 1

Personal 1

Afia P.O.V.

"You are going to have one big baby." The doctor laughed as she saw the baby move around.

"Really, how much do you think she is going to weigh?" I said smiling at her.

"Maybe ten pounds, even though it does not seem like it you are going to start growing even more rapidly in size since you have just started your second trimester."

"Do you think I should go on another diet?"

"Of course, not, the important thing is that the both of you are healthy, you have been doing everything right so far." The doctor smiled and cut on the light.

She handed me a paper towel and looked down at her chart, "Now I will get you a picture and everything looks good, but your blood pressure is slightly elevated, so I would just watch out for that."

I took the picture and wiped the gel off my stomach, "When is the next appointment?"

"Next month, and that's when you will still be in your second trimester, so like I said before you are going to start showing even more, so if you have not I would start sharing the news with family and friends, but there is more good news you will not be going through the uncomfortable symptoms of the first trimester but you will see that you have some leg aches and heartburn." She said taking off her gloves.

"Ok, thank you so much." I said smiling relieved that I will be able to finally get a good night's sleep.

"The nurse will bring in your picture and your prescription." She said smiling and leaving.

These past three months has probably been the most stressful out of them all, after my sister died. I went to live with Angelo because he was an emotional mess and could not take care of himself, I had to take charge of the funeral and the will she made the month before she died. She left behind a life insurance policy of over twenty-thousand dollars, for Angelo and I, which has still been left untouched by either of us. After the funeral I moved on campus and shortly after that my cellphone broke leaving me with nothing to communicate with.

With a short knock the door opened and Ms. Julia, my nurse, opened the door with her normal bright smile.

"Hi, mama."

"Hey Ms. Julia."

"I see that the baby has been growing like a weed." She laughed and looked down at the picture.

"Yes, it has, I had to buy new clothes, I did not know that they have so many maternity clothes in California." I said rubbing my belly.

"Really what did you think that we were all gym freaks?" She laughed.

"Actually, I did." I said laughing along with her.

"Well I am sorry to disappoint but here is your picture and your prescription, you have to get two refills by the next appointment." She said handing me the paper and picture.

"Thank you, are they the gummies?"

"Yep, I made sure they were." She nodded.

"Thank you." I said relieved.

"I will see you next month." She said giving me a hug.

"Ok." I said hugging her back and then getting off the sofa.

We walked out of the room and I walked to the patient area and saw Angelo was in the same spot that I left him at. I tapped him on the shoulder and we left.

"So, what did the doctor say?" He said pulling out of the parking lot.

"That I have started my second trimester and that the baby is fine and I am also."