Chapter 1--Where It All Starts Now

Start from the beginning

            “How about….Simon Loughlin?” Anabella seemed excited.

            I saw James’ shoulders tense and I had to give Anabella  a dubious look. Simon Loughlin? He’s the quarterback on the football team and has the biggest reputation as a player in the whole school. I’ve only lived here a few months and even I know that.

            Benni didn’t look interested. “Please. Like he’d ever go for me.”

            Anabella seemed unaware of the glaring look James was sending her. “Puh-lease. He’ll go for any girl with half a rack,” she chuckled.

            “He’s a jackass,” Noah rolled his eyes. “And he’s an idiot. I tell you, the only way he gets by in my English class is by sleeping with the teacher.”

            Anabella nods. “Yeah, I guess you’re right. Besides, he’s always on again-off again with Dylan Madge. Just forget about him, Ben,” Anabella took a big mouthful of salad.

            Benni nodded. “I can do better,” she sniffed.

            I should’ve known she didn’t mean it.

                                                ***

            It was the next day when I saw Benni in the hallway. She wore a loose, black dress and her black lace-ups. I hadn’t seen her since the previous day at lunch.

            “Ben?” I creep towards her, disbelieving.

            She looks at me and wipes her eyes. “Hi.” She was curt. She was never this short.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, coming closer.

She shook her head and when she met my gaze, her eyes were like stone. “I want revenge.”

                                                            ***

            We all were gathered at my house that afternoon, munching on Fritos, a crowd favorite, and playing some Weezer songs.

            “What is all this about?” Anabella sighed, playing with her short, blonde hair.

            I looked timidly at Benni; she had asked that just us girls meet up this afternoon. The guys wanted to come, but Benni refused.

            “There was an incident,” Benni said slowly. “Last night.”

            Bella and I both looked up immediately.

            “What incident?” Bella asked.

            Benni sighed. “I don’t want to go into the details. It just…wasn’t a very good experience.”

            “Was it with a guy?” I asked, suddenly worried. Benni didn’t seem to have any guy trouble. She wasn’t a slut or anything, but when she wanted a boyfriend or even just someone to hook up with she could find one. I couldn’t imagine what was causing her such angst.

            Benni didn’t say anything, just stuffed a bunch of chips in her mouth and, when she was sure her mouth was so stuffed we couldn’t understand her, she nodded and mumbled something.

            “I want to get back….at this guy.”

            “Who?” Bella and I asked simultaneously.

            Benni sighed. “Let me explain first. I really mean this. I want to humiliate this guy. I want to make sure he feels like complete shit, OK?”

            Bella and I nodded.

            “The guy….” Benni begins, almost sheepishly. “Is Simon…Loughlin.”

            My mouth falls open. “What? Ben, tell me you didn’t.”

            Benni looks defensive. “It was just supposed to be fun, OK? He…was a complete asshole. I want him to pay.”

            Bella looked concerned. “What did he do? Just talk to James, you know if you ask he’ll beat the shit out of him.”

            “Or even Noah or Elk,” I cut in.

            Benni shook her head. “No. That’s too easy. I want us, us girls to get revenge. The guys can’t know.”

            “Why not?” Bella sputtered. “A fight would be so much fun. In the cafeteria in front of everybody and-“

            “No,” Benni said sharply. She took a breath. “There’s a chance James might not win. Then what? And even if Simon does lose, nobody will care because he’s so damn popular. No, I need a sure fire way to get back at him.”

            I started to agree with her. That is until I saw Benni, looking right at me, with a wicked grin on her face.

            ‘’I have a plan,” she said.

*** *** ***

A little bit of a cliffhanger...and believe me, you won't believe what benni has in mind!!

xxxx