11- They're Tracking Us

Start from the beginning

Stepping into the office, I look around. The lab doesn't look much different from what I had seen last time. The most notable difference is that the Imeldi weapon is no longer on the table. I wonder where it is.

As the door swings shut behind me, Tony says, without looking up from his screen, "It took you a while to get in here."

"I was busy."

"With what? Oh right, trying to kill a god. Well, we all have our schedules."

I want to smirk at Tony's snark, but I don't feel like it.

"Point is, you're going to get to help me. Let me just get Banner down here, though." Tony swipes at something on the screen so that it goes black and vanishes. He is now staring at blank air.

"What do you want me to do?" I ask, with some sort of trepidation.

He beckons me over to a large, steel table set up near the back. There are cables set up alone the sides, surrounding some sort of black box. I walk over as slowly as possible.

"Well, all I need is your finger, actually."

"What?" I ask, stopping in my tracks.

I hear the door open behind me. It's Dr. Banner.

"Hey, doctor, Thea's going to help us out," says Tony, pushing me towards the box, as I have stopped moving.

"No!" I exclaim. "Not until you tell me-"

"For goodness sake, Tony, you're scaring her," says Banner, crossing his arms.

Tony snorts. "Scare? Me scare the kid who almost successfully took out an Asgardian deity?"

"Look at her eyes. She's frightened, and you're not helping. Just explain things out to her, and actually ask her if she wants to help us." Says Banner. I look at him appreciatively, although I feel a bit childish as he says this.

Tony rolls his eyes. "Fine." Turning to me, and with apparent bore, he says, "So, this box is full of this chemical liquid we found in the Imeldi weapon. Don't know what it does, but we do know that it can help us access holographs- those floating graph things you see in here." He vaguely points around the room. "We can't access it without a fingerprint- or clawprint, more likely considering what these demons are- that came in contact with it. Basically, we need DNA."

"I assume you already tried Leah." I say, slightly angrily.

"As a matter of fact," says Tony, leaning against the table. "We did. But it didn't work."

"So you want to still try it on me."

"Yep."

"The gun was found next to you, not Leah," says Banner, and I glance at him. "But we wanted to try your sister just in case. We assume the Imeldi that injected you with the poison was the one who left the gun. Why he left it, we don't know."

"Finally," I say, glaring at Tony. "Someone who actually explains things."

"What the hell, that's what I've been-"

"What do I have to do?" I ask, glancing at the box with an air of apprehension. "And how long until I can get off of this stupid plane?"

Tony holds his hands up. "One question at a time, kid."

"Thea."

He rolls his eyes for the umpteenth time. "Thea. One question at a time. All you have to do is press your finger on this key pad thing Dr. Banner fixed up. It's connected to the box, which contains the Imeldi-"