Chapter seven

It was pitch black. I couldn't see a thing. I tried to move my hands but it was as though there was an invisible force holding them down. I opened my mouth to scream but nothing came out. Where was I? What is going on?
Suddenly I heard a voice. "What's wrong with her Doc?"
I recognized that voice! It was Craig! I tried to reach out to him but I couldn't.
"It seems she is in a stress induced coma."
My mind raced. Coma? I'm in a coma? Suddenly everything came back. The fight with Ronnie, and his attempt to plead with me to break up with Craig.
"Can you get her out?"
"No. She will have to wake up when she is ready."
I heard Craig sigh. "Alright thanks."
I could hear feet shuffling and then suddenly a loud bang as though someone had ran into something.
"Holy shit! Fuck that hurt!" Ronnie's voice called out.
I could imagine Craig glaring at him. "Can you please try to act your age." I heard Craig say through clenched teeth.
"I would. But that's your job. How's she doing?" Ronnie mumbled.
"Doc says she's in a stress induced coma and that the only way she'll wake up is with time."
I heard him sigh. "This is all your fault you know."
"what are you talking about?" Ronnie sounded angry. "I didn't do a damn thing."
I could imagine their faces. Both angry. "Yeah, the moment you came out of prison, Lena started worrying that you would find out about us. That you would stop talking to her because of what ever is going on between us."
There was an awkward silence.
Finally Ronnie spoked. "I'm sorry."
I was shocked. Did Ronnie really just apologize?
Now I was extremly determined to move, to show that I was here and not just some lifeless blob.
I consentrated on my toes, trying to get them to wiggle ever so slightly.
If I could talk I would laugh. I was totally doing what Uma Thurman did in the first volume of Kill Bill.
A sharp inhale came from next to me.
"Did you just see that?"
"See what?" Ronnie asked.
"Her foot, her toes just wiggled."
Suddenly I felt someone trying to shake me.
"LENA! LENA CAN YOU HEAR ME?!"
I moaned.
"Holy shit! She's awake!"
"Ronnie go get a doctor!" I heard Craig yell.
Feet pounded out of the room.
Craig's fingers were caressing my face. "Lena, baby say something."
He put his head on my forehead. "Please baby."
I opened my lips trying to force the words out. "C... C... Cr..."
He jumped. "Yes! Open your eyes."
My eyes slowly opened to a blinding white light. I blinked rapidly as my eyes adjusted to it.
The door came crashing open and Ronnie was dragging a doctor in by his collar.
"Now see! I fucking told you she was awake. Why the hell would I lie about that?!" He said angerily.
The doctor stood up straight and smoothed out his collar. "My apologize Mr. Radke but we weren't expecting her to awaken so soon. This is remarkable." He walked over to me and removed a pen sized light from his coat pocket. Shinnning it in my eyes he began questioning me. "Miss Radke will you please follow the light." I did as I was told even though the small light was killing my eyes. "Good. Now can you speak?" I shrugged. "How about you try." I groaned.
"Myyyy.... Nammmeee is... is... Lena... Not... not... Miss... Radke." My throat hurt and the words came out coarse.
Ronnie busted out laughing and Craig glared at him.
He held his hands up in surrender. "What? First thing she says when she wakes up out of a 2 day coma is that you don't call her Miss Radke... I find that slightly humorous."
Craig rolled his eyes and turned back to me, worry darkening his face. "Do you hurt?"
I glared at him.
He laughed nervously. "I'll take that as a yes."
The doctor butted in then. "Now Lena. Do you know where you are?"
I nodded. "A... A... Hospital..."
He nodded smiling. "Good, very good. Give yourself some time and you stuttering will go away. I'm going to go have them bring you something to eat, I prosume your famished."
I nodded.
He laughed and began to walk away. "I'll be back with the discharge forms. You can leave tomorrow morning."
I nodded and turned to my two favorite boys. "I heard...heard... you two..."
Craig blushed and rubbed the back of his neck and Ronnie shifted on his feet. "Heard what?"
I chuckled as best I could with my scratchy voice. "I heard... you two... apologize."
They both looked away.
I laughed again. "Don't worry... I p-p-promise not to tell anyone."
They finally laughed awkwardly. "We did it for you Le. We know you hate to have us fighting and it is what got you here in the first place. We are so sorry." Ronnie sighed.
Craig nodded in agreement.
I glanced between them and then held out my arms. "Come here."
They looked at me confused.
"I said come the fuck here."
They laughed and sat on the bed. I sat up and pulled them both into me.
"I love you both more then I could ever say."
Craig chuckled awkwardly and Ronnie stared at me.
"But you love me more right?" Ronnie asked, looking like he was a 3 year old and I had just stole his cookies.
I rolled my eyes. "Shut up Radke."
He smiled. "Good to have you back little Radke." he rubbed his fist into my head and I yelled.
This moment was one I had dreamed of. And now, it was finally here... Even if it had to be in a hospital room with me hooked up to a million machines.
I closed my eyes and layed my head back onto the pillows, happy that my two favorite people where right here with me.