Selena and I both nodded our heads.

“Like my real daddy?” Kaylie asked again.

Again, both Selena and I nodded our heads.

Kaylie looked at me and smiled, “Daddy?” she smiled to me and my smile went wide.

She called me daddy.

“Can I call you daddy?” She asked.

“I wouldn’t want it any other way.” I smiled and Kaylie smiled also and hugged my neck and I hugged her tiny body.

“I love you daddy.” Kaylie said in my ear and I swear I could have cried right then and there.

“I love you too princess.” I smiled. Kaylie leaned up and I kissed her nose causing her to giggle.

+

Majority of the night, Selena, Kaylie and I laid out in the back yard looking up at the sky naming the stars.

“What time is it?” Selena yawned.

I pulled out my phone seeing it was almost one am. “Almost 1 in the morning.” I said turning my lock back on before sliding my phone back in my pocket.

“Looks like someone got bored.” Selena chuckled.

I looked down and saw Kaylie was sleeping against my arm which made me smile.

“Wanna help me put her in bed?” Selena asked and I nodded my head.

I carefully sat up and picked up Kaylie, being sure not to wake her. I followed Selena inside the house and up the stairs to Kaylie’s room.

I placed Kaylie in her bed, slowly un-wrapping her arms from my neck. I heard her mumble something in her sleep.

“Night mommy, night daddy.” Is what she said.

Selena kissed her forehead, and then I saying “goodnight princess.” We quietly walked out her room shutting the door, leaving it cracked.

“I should be getting home, it’s late.” I said, and began walking away but Selena stopped me.

“Why don’t you just stay the night since it’s late?” Selena offered.

“Are you sure?” I asked.

“Yeah, like you said it’s really late, and I’m pretty sure Kaylie will like to wake up knowing you’re here.” Selena smiled. “But it’s all up to you—you could sleep in my room, and I would sleep in Gracie’s.”

“No.”

“No?” Selena said upset.

“No, you’re not gonna get kicked out of your room by me.” I chuckled. “We can sleep in the same bed—I won’t bite.” I said, and Selena nodded her head unsurely.

I know sleeping in the same bed with your ex, while you have a current girlfriend, is a bad idea, but it’s not like Selena and I will be having sex?

I followed Selena to her room, which was right next to Kaylie’s.

Yep, we defiantly won’t be doing anything tonight.

I sat on the bed and Selena placed her hands on the hem of her shirt, but realized I was watching.

“Close your eyes Justin.” Selena said.

“Why? I’ve already seen you naked. That’s how Kaylie was made.” I chuckled and Selena rolled her eyes.