Nightmares (Gaster + Papyrus)

(Reader~chan is about six, plus, this will show the one with Pap. Also, Gaster has a weak spot for you like most dads.)

You gasped as you woke up, you had just dreamt your whole family was killed by the humans Gaster talks about. You hugged yourself and rubbed your arms for a few minutes before grabbing your (fav animal) plushie and (f/c) blanket, soon, you walked out of your room and into your dad's room. You were kinda scared of your dad since well... He can be scary at times... Also, he has wiped you in the past. Anyway, you walked over to his bed and nudged him a little. Gaster groaned and opened one eye to see the red stains on your face. Instantly his father instincts kicked in.

"(Y/n)? Are you ok, honey?" Gaster asked as he sat up, you shook your skull and hugged your blanket and plushie close. "I... I had a..a dream th..that you all.. di..died from hu..humans..." You replied with a shaky voice, Gaster picks you up and lays on his bed with you close to his chest. "That was a f*cking stupid dream (y/n). If a human ever, and I mean EVER tries to hurt you, I will send them to hell." Gaster said in a slightly dark tone, you smiled and nuzzled your head under your dad's.

You felt a thought coming on before you poked your dad. "Dad?" "Yes, (y/n)?" You took a deep breath before asking "Can you promise me that nothing will happen to us?" Gaster smiled and rubbed your slightly cracked skull gently. "I promise."

- Years later (Reader~Chan is about 16) -

The memory of what happened to Papyrus during his training wouldn't stop floating in your head. It wasn't even six and you were wide awake. Sadly you forgot that your room was closest to your abusive brother, you were crying and shaking on your bed. You yelped when your door was opened. "(Y/N)..? WHY ARENT YOU ASLEEP?" You looked at your brother, who was standing in the door way. "Uh... n...nothing boss... I... uh... got had a... uh... nightmare?" You lied, man were you bad at lying. Papyrus sighed and closed the door before sitting next to you, you tried not to look at the cut over his eye socket.

"(Y/N). PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS BOTHERING YOU." You tapped your thumbs together before sighing, you could never hide anything from Papyrus. "I... just can't stop thinking of what happened with Undyne..." You said sadly, tears filled your eye sockets before you threw your arms around your brother. Papyrus hugged you tightly and rubbed your back, he knew ever since you were only a baby bones, you were around pain. "SHHH... NOBODY IS GOING TO HURT YOU..." You whimpered and kept your eyes some what open, you didn't want to get hurt any more, technically your spine was broken from the whip marks from your father. "LAY DOWN, I'LL STAY WITH YOU TONIGHT." Papyrus orders, you do as he says and put yourself close to your brother.

"Papyrus... promise me that nothing is going to happen to us..." You whispered, red tears rolling down from your eye sockets. Papyrus rubbed your skull and kissed your forehead before whispering "Promise."

The rest of that night was simple, you and your brother hanging on to each other in the name of family.

In some way... Papyrus is kinda like dad... Funny...