The Guy who turns to Flames

Lulus POV

It's already 12 midnight on the camp and I still can't sleep. All I'm thinking about is the guy I saw earlier. The guy who none of us saw. Except me and Rin.

I was walking past through the trees of the forest near our camp. It was dark yet light past through the trees above. Giving me enough light to see me way.

The forest was really dark but ahead you can see light. I followed the path and went straight to where the light is. I looked ahead and I can water. I ran out.

"Wow..." I mumble as I walk out of the forests of trees to the open field.

It was a giant lake. The water shimmering with life as it reflects the light from the stars and moon above. It was beautiful.

I went to the lake side and look at the waters. It was peaceful as if no one even went here once. But the I heard a rustling noises from behind.

I immediately grab my sword and point it out to the rustling bush.

"Who are you? What ever you are, come out" I said, looking straight at the bush.

Slowly, the figure stood with both hands on the air. It was the guy I saw earlier.

"Ok you got me.. put that sword down. Please" the guy said as he moves forward. But I still point my sword at him and took a step backward.

"You were there awhile ago.. who are you?" I asked.

He looked me straight in the eyes but the avoided.

"Telling you would be useless, my princess, you will forget about me anyway" he said with a painful expression.

For some reason I felt heavy.

I stepped back once again

"What do you mean? Have we met before? I doubt that"

"Yes, we did" He said plainly.

"Just give me your name...."

"Kuro. My name is Kuro." He said as he goes closer to me.

I don't know why but I felt I should not go near him. I walked back. And back. And back. Until I slipped to the river.

But I was saved.

Kuro held me before I touched the water and pulled me back into place. I looked at him.

"T-Thanks.." I said.

He smiled. But it's not a good kind of one. More like a pained smile.

I stared at him. I felt like I've known him yet I don't know him. I don't have any memories with him. That's what I thought.

But my feelings felt heavy. My heart aches and my chest felt suppressed. Why am I feeling like this?

Kuro took a deep breath as he lets.go of me. Of course I let go of him too.

"Lulu... you... you'll probably forget about this and will always do but.."

I tilted my head. I was supposedly going to ask him about what he is even telling me but he continued.

"I love you... please return to the underworld with me.. I can't stand living like this. Every single day I would tell you this. Every single day I would protect you. Every single day I would wait for you to return. Please Lulu... I need you" he finished.

I stared at his free eyes and it's full of yearning. Longing for me to return to him.

But.. I don't know him.

How come I don't know him? How come I don't remember as single time we met? How come... I left someone like him?

My mind was full of questions about Kuro. I want answers.

"Then.. how come I don't remember you?" I asked him full of curiosity.

He gave me this hurtful look as if I've already asked him that exact same question many times.

He shook his head and gave me a hug.

"You'll have you're answer... if you come back to me"

"How about Rin? I can't leave him..." was the only thought I thought about instantly.

Rin. I can't just leave him. And also Shiemi, Yukio and the others. They're my new family.

"For the past years Lulu, I've been looking for you" He said as he looks to my eyes.

Now that triggered me.

"Save me? Save me from what? And for the past years??? I don't even know you!!!" I shouted and pushed him away from me.

He started to look surprised and desperate for me to believe in him. My chest feels pained. My head is spinning for answers.

"Do I really know him???" I questioned myself.

He raised his hands as he explain "We did. Alot of times Lulu.... we've met since young, I've helped you through all of your problems ever since! Remember that time when you were crying over your foster parents? I was comforting you that time! And also the time when Lord Chimera ordered you to kill a house of innocent people... I was there... hugging you on my arms while you were crying. Regretting to live in such a world..." he mumbled the last part.

Tears starts to go down my cheeks. Wait, I'm crying?

I was about to say something when I heard someone shouting my name from afar. It was Rin.

I looked back at the forest for a second and return my attention to the person in front of me.

He turned into flames and vanished.

Tears continue to flow on my cheeks when suddenly my chest feels heavier than while ago..

"Who... who was he again?" I mumbled.

My memories went blank. Why Am I here? Who was that guy?? Or was that even a guy? I don't know.

Questions race of my mind then a hand grab my shoulders.

"Hey, I've been looking for you? You okay?" He asked, giving me a reassured look.

"I-I'm... I---" I can' continue. Pain course on my chest and also confusion.

I hugged Rin. A sudden hug.

Rin looked down at me, surprised at first, then a look of worry. He stroked my hair and pat my head. Whispering that everything's okay.

                      ---------------------

HEY LIL DEMONS??? WHAT'S UP???

OH MY GODS, 3K READS QwQ)) THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! 😘💖😭 YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME~!!!!

Soooooo~ the book is nearly going to an end. 😢 Yup, almost at its end. And I hope you guys are looking forward~ for more~ 😳😄

Sorry if I update late AGAIN //cries// Was so busy with school yet again Aaaaa 😥😧

Don't forget to follow, check my other works and also read!! 💕

Once again, Arigatou!! 💖😄