Chapter 5: Threat

"Melissa and Chelsea." I enunciated as Daniel wrote down our names with a Roman ten beside it.

"Okay, girls could you both go join the group around the bonfire area." We did as instructed and a few minutes later were joined by the boys who looked rather drained out. Even though they tried to show the opposite.

"Hey, what are you doing standing here?" Ryder enquired, still dusting his hands off rope fibre.

"Well, we are following the rules, ever heard of them?" I retorted.

"Oh please, there is a no sexual activities rule, honestly, who follows that?" Jordan snorted, jumping into the conversation.

Though, he did have a point, there was a rule as such and no one was going to follow it. You've literally taken a bunch of teenagers to a secluded camp in the forest and it doesn't matter how many precautions you take, no way can you stop from things happening.

It was already a little dark and the only light was from the small torches lit here and there around the camping area. It had actually started to look scary, people stood closer to each other and would throw casual glances towards the forest.

Soon the area around the bonfire filled in as Krista and Daniel came to stand facing us with their backs to each other. Daniel was addressing the other side of the group whilst Krista spoke to us.

"Okay, so, good job at putting up the tents-" I heard Jake scoff and turned to glare back at him but in that process a small red glow caught my eye. Vince had taken this time to light up a cigarette and smoke in the corner, almost behind a tree.

I guess, I was staring for too long as he suddenly looked in my direction and let out a puff of smoke. I scrunched up my nose at the hazardous action and turned my attention back to Krista who hadn't spoken much.

Honestly, why do they put those ads about smoking when the ones who have to listen to them don't bother?

"Okay, so every evening when the sun sets till the fourth day, we meet here. It is requested for all of you to follow the rules as they have been built to provide you all with safety as you are after all living in a forest." Everyone hushed as she spoke.

"Every night there will be a bonfire in which all of you will give in your inputs on what you all did the same day. Please refrain from using too many electronic devices as there are only a few wireless charging sources and are required for some other important devices necessary for the camp." The crowd now consisted of a group of remorseful and angry teenagers. Certainly no one took the no cell phone rule lightly, but what do they expect? They are after all miles from civilization.

"There are not many things to get acquainted with in the camp area, the washrooms and tents have been arranged in such a way that if you were to go out, someone would know. Daniel and I are located on opposite sides of the camp. Our tents are the only ones which are striped, so finding it won't be a difficulty."

Jake was now twirling a piece of my hair in between in fingers and yawning, looking least bit interested in what she was going on about.

"Everyone wakes up at six in the morning each day and the alarm will be in the sound of a bird so as to not disturb the piece of the forest, though, that sound should surely wake anyone up. All are requested to follow the timings strictly as if they don't, a lot of activities will be missed. Tomorrow we start with a small trek surrounding the area." Krista finished and turned around to face Daniel.

"Oh thank God, I thought she'd never stop." Jordan complained taking a seat on the log just infront of us.

I sat beside him while Chelsea chose to sit behind with Ryder and Jake came to sit on my other side.