riarkle: chosen dreams

CHOSEN DREAMS
- based off of tumblr post cited at the end -
summary: lucas died and farkle has been hallucinating him since texas. his friends and family finally notice.
warnings: n/a
edit history: aug. 24. 17 - title change

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Farkle had stopped thinking it was a hallucination--how could it be? He was right there, Farkle could reach out and touch him, have a conversation with him. Lucas was real.

But then, why was everyone saying he wasn't? Why, then, when Farkle brought up the mention of Lucas' birthday plans, did he receive horrified looks from his friends? From Maya, Zay, Smackle... Riley. He was pretty sure he had never seen her look so heart-broken before. It confused him, scared him. And then, within twenty-four hours of simply asking what they were planning for Lucas' birthday, he was in a bare office, confined by the dimensions of the velvet couch he was sat on.

The therapist tapped her pencil on her clip board, once...twice...three times. The sound snapped him out of his thoughts, and his blue eyes lifted to stare at the clip board.

"Farkle," she said, a soothing voice like silk. "Do you know why you're here?"

Farkle gazed at her. She was young, brown eyes and glasses, hair pulled up into a pony tail. She sat opposite from him with her legs crossed, waiting patiently for his answer. He didn't give her one.

"You're here because your friends and family are worried about you," she began. It took Farkle a moment longer than it usually did to understand what she was saying.

"Why?" his voice rasped. He had done everything he possibly could to have them not worry about him. How had he failed?

The therapist shifted, cleared her throat. "Tell me about Lucas Friar."

Farkle's senses sparked, and he jolted straight to look at the woman. "What about him?"

"He was your best friend. Wasn't he?"

Farkle frowned, "No, he is. He is."

She paused, scribbling on her clip board. Farkle swallowed hard.

"What is the last memory you have with him?" she questioned, leaning forward in her seat.

Farkle bit the inside of his cheek. "I was with him today. At Topanga's."

"And, Farkle, can you tell me the emotions your friends were feeling...at Topanga's?"

"Well, we were all happy, because Riley had just told us she was staying in New York."

"You were happy?"

"Well, yes. Like I said, Riley's mom had decided not to move to London. Of course I was happy."

"Hm," another scribble, "What can you tell me about Riley?"

Farkle couldn't help the shy smile that lit his face. "Riley's the sun--warm and bright--and lights up my day. There's no one I trust more."

The therapist tilted her head, intrigued. "And is Riley also friends with Lucas?"

Farkle nodded, "His girlfriend, actually."