Chapter 10: The Truth Comes Out

Previously on Is This Love

As I walked in I was shocked to see Zak tied up to a chair screaming at Aaron for calling him Zak?

What?

"What's going on?" I asked as I rushed in. When Zak looked up to me my blood went cold.

He looked at me with sadness at first but it all changed when he glared at me and smirked evilly.

"Kelly, so nice to see you again..."

ooOOoO

"What's going on?" I asked Aaron who looked scared. "Aaron!" I shouted once he didn't answer me.

Aaron flinched back and shook his head. "I'm sorry, uh...what did you ask?" He says and I wanted to roll my eyes.

I pointed to Zak. "What happened to him?" I asked again.

"Well, I think he's possessed.. Or he's just hungry" Aaron says and Nick laughs from the other side.

"I don't know about hungry but possessed, yeah he might be?" Nick said to Aaron and Aaron laughs humorously.

"Yeah he's possessed." Aaron says and I watch them like they are idiots.

"Why is this funny?" I asked and they stopped laughing. "I don't see how this can be funny!" I shout.

"It is pretty funny." Aaron says and Nick agrees.

"Idiots." I hear Zak say from his chair.

"Zak..." I said looking him straight in the eyes. "Snap out of it!" I yelled but he didn't flinch or looked scared at my raise voice.

"How many times do I have to tell you, I'm not Zak!" He shouted and I flinched back. "I might be in Zak and know all his deepest and darkest secrets but I am not him." He says evilly and I slapped him. "Ow!" He said looking at me in shock.

"Listen here you demon, you better get out of Zak right now." I said, trying to sound evil myself.

"Who says I'm a demon?" Zak asks and his eyes turn black. "Oh wait, I am." He said in a humorous tone.

"Kelly the priest is here for the exorcism." Nick says as he grabs my hand to move me away from this possessed Zak.

"Oh, not so fast Kelly." Zak says as I'm about to leave the room. "Don't you want to know the truth?" He asks me and I squint my eyes confusingly at him.

"The truth of what?" I ask him and stepped into the room again.

"Kelly..." Nick says as he holds the door open.

"No, I want to know what he's talking about." I said and I tell Nick to leave us alone for a moment.

"No." Nick says as he crossed his arms. "I'm not leaving." He tells me, he reminds me of a protective big brother right now.

"Fine, stand at the door." I say as I take a chair and set it in front of Zak. "So. The truth?" I say and Zak nods his head.

"Yep." He says and I wait for him to tell me the truth. Zak's eyes turn black again and I wanted to hide but stayed in my seat. "Where should I start? Lets see, the truth of his parents? Or the truth or the night he cheated on you? Or the truth of the real reason he came here?" He said and I thought this through.

What if this isn't Zak talking? What if everything he says is a lie but I take it as the truth? I know Zak is in there somewhere and I for sure know he's hoping I don't listen to this demon.

"How about you tell me why you possessed Zak in the first place?" I asked and Zak's eyes went back to his normal blue color.

"Kelly." Zak says, the real Zak.

"Zak." I said hugging him. "Are you okay?" I asked and he shook his head.

"No, I don't have long." Zak said and then he groaned in pain. "Don't listen to him, nothing he says in true." Zak said as he scream in pain.

I backed away when his head slowly fell down like he just snaps it back up as fast as lightening. His eyes black again.

"Kelly...kelly..kelly." He said and my blood went cold, he was hurting Zak and I was letting it happen because I wanted to know the truth.

I look over to Nick and nodded my head, signaling for him to call the priest.

"I picked Zak because he was so opened and hurt, it was so simple just to do whatever I wanted." The demon said. "I can even do this." He said and his eyes turned blue again. It was Zak shaking and he was screaming in pain.

"Zak!" I shouted but Aaron came in and held me back while the priest put a cross on the top of Zak head and saying a prayer.

Zak screamed in pain and his voice changed to a new level of deep. "You can't get rid of me!" He yelled as his eyes went black again. "If I leave I'm taking Zak with me!" He shouted.

I couldn't help but cry at seeing Zak like this, I didn't want him dead.

"Zak!" I cried out and his head almost snapped at how fast he turned his head my way. "Zak, I know you're in there. Trust me right now. You can beat this!" I yelled in encouragement.

Honestly I knew how hard this is and I knew it would be suicide if he fought this thing too hard but for a strange reason I wanted him to be okay, and knowing he's okay if he does this. He has to fight.

"I love you Zak." I said and it's like the whole room stopped in time.

All the screaming and yelling stops from Zak he looked over to me, his blue eyes piercing through my brown.

"You..what?" Zak asks, his voice weak and full of pain. "Y-you... love me?" He asked and I nodded my head.

I could barely see his face because my eyes were so watery but I can see his white teeth as he smiles.

"I lov-Argh!" He said in pain as he threw his head up.

The priest continues with the exorcism and an hour later it got extremely intense. Zak gives a loud and painful scream and he's all sweaty, his head falls down and his breathing isn't as loud as it was a moment ago.

"Is it done?" I asked the priest.

The priest goes over to Zak and picks his head up, he says a pray and Zak stays the same. "I think the demon is out." He says, but then he frowns. "Untie him, he shouldn't be out this long." The priest said after a couple minutes.

Nick and Aaron rushed over to Zak and untied him, Nancy daps a wet cloth on his face while I check for a pulse.

"Zak..." I whisper as I can't find his pulse. "He's dead." I say coughing up a sob.

He's gone.

__-__-__

Dun Dun Dun!!

I tried making this interesting and long. So, do you really think Zak's dead? :( Poor Zak.