Chapter 4: The past is the past

Previously on "Is This Love?"

I looked over to Zak to see him staring at me the way he always used to, I felt that weird feeling in my stomach again and I looked away quickly. I can't feel this way again...all he will do is hurt me.

Again.

ooOOoO

After the cookies I ran to my room and wanted to sleep, I wanted to sleep so the stupid weird feeling in my stomach will go away.

Why am I feeling this way again?

Zak hurt me, he made me feel stupid. I don't want him to be in my life again, please make this feeling go away.

I shut my eyes forcefully and memories came swooping in.

-

"I'm going out tonight, with the guys." Zak said as he put on his jacket.

"You always go out." I said from the couch, I was getting ready to watch a movie. "Why can't you just stay in? We can watch a movie together." I said smiling at Zak but his face was as blank as stone.

He has been acting different the past few weeks. I think he's coming to the point where I'm not good enough for him. I know I'm not pretty, but is he really the type to go for pretty girls?

"Okay never mind..." I said rolling my eyes but then smiled at a new thought. "I can go out with you, I just have to change-"

"No." Zak said walking to the door. "It's only me and the guys." He said giving me a small wave and walking out, and slamming the door shut.

I stared at the door and frowned.

He's cheating on me... I know he is...

I quickly changed into jeans and a nice shirt and ran off behind Zak. I want to see where, and why he's actually going off every night without me.

Call me a weirdo but I need to know.

I followed him to a local bar, it was packed. Hopefully I don't lose him.

Once I walked into the bar I stopped right away, he just got here and he is already showing me what he does every night. He is making out with some blonde bimbo.

As he started kissing her neck I saw who the blonde bimbo was and my heart stopped.

My best friend, Carrie.

That bitch, and that cheater.

I walked up to them and Carrie was the first to see who I was. I glared at her and she froze right at her spot. Zak stopped kissing her and looked up questionably, then he followed her scared eyes and turned around to face me.

His eyes grew as wide as saucers. "Kelly..." He said getting off Carrie and trying to come up with a stupid story when I knew everything.

"You're a lying jerk!" I shouted and pushed his arms off me. "Let me go!" I shouted again.

"Listen to me!" He shouted trying to hold me down. "I can explain!"

I threw my head back and laughed. "You're pathetic Zak!" I shouted over the music. "I hope you and Carrie have a good night." With that I left and ran to the apartment.

I can't believe that I was so stupid and actually thought he liked me.

I'm such an idiot.

-

Before I knew it I was crying, tears streaming down my cheeks. I'm such an idiot, still am.

I turned on my iPod music and put earphones in my ears and listened to some sad song, the first song being Keith Urban- Making Memories of Us.

I loved this song so much. But it brings back a lot of memories, memories I don't want to remember.

"Kelly?" I heard a soft, old voice call out from outside the door.

"Yes?" I asked weakly. Nancy came in the room and smiled at me sweetly.

"Hi, Kelly." Nancy said sitting at the edge of the bed. The only light on was the little lamp on the side table, so Nancy couldn't see my sad face.

"Hi, Nancy." I said smiling at her. Nancy was always so sweet and cute, I loved her like she was my own mother.

"Don't be upset but..." She said standing up. "...Zak has no where to sleep so I told him to sleep here-if you want you can sleep on the couch, or stay on the bed with him." And with that all said she rushed out and shut the door.

But the door wasn't shut long, because in a matter of seconds in came Zak.

And he was shirtless.

__-__-__