Chapter 6: Visiting the past

Previously on "Is This Love?"

I was up ever since four o'clock. Yep, Zak's snoring kept me up so I just decided to watch tv until he woke up.

While we were in a relationship it took me four full nights to get used to his snoring, so it he was to sleep with me again tomorrow I'm just gonna head home and sleep there...

Wait, home. I could of been home by now. I'm such an idiot!

I'm mentally slapped myself and grabbed my car keys. It's time for some sleep! I drove home with a smile on my face, I was finally getting the sleep I needed.

Once I got home I ran to my room and jumped in my soft bed. Yes, I needed this.

ooOOoO

When I woke up I had many texts and missed calls. And they were all from someone I wouldn't expect. Nate.

I didn't know what to do from all of these, do I text/call him back? Why is he even calling me? I haven't heard from Nate in over two years.

Why is he reaching out after two years? Did something happen?

...Linda.

I quickly called back and Nate answered right away. His deep voice bringing back so many memories.

-FLASHBACK-

"Nate, party starts in an hour." I said putting my earrings in. "Nate!" I shouted since he was in the shower.

"I heard you Kelly!" Nate shouted back and laughed slightly. "Just getting out." He said and I heard the water turn off and soon the door opened to Nate with only a towel around his waist.

"Where are your pants?" I asked smirking at him. He came over to me and smiled flirtatiously. He kissed me and took the comb from the drawer. "Oh I see." I said faking a frown, "Only using me to get my comb."

"Obviously." He said as it was the most obvious thing in the world. He pecked my cheek and hurried to the bathroom.

I rolled my eyes and went to the living room and waited for him to get ready, there was a party tonight and we just had to go.

Twenty minutes later Nate came rushing into the living room, he looked devastated.

"What's wrong?" I asked Nate who was searching for his keys.

"Linda." Is all he had to say for me to hurry up and help him find the keys. We found them and rushed to the hospital, both panicking now.

Linda was Nate's little sister, she had cancer and was extremely sick. I loved her like she was my own sister, and I would always call her that because I never had one and she was the closest thing I had to a sibling. Linda was very sick and the doctor said she wouldn't live long but she has been making progress over the months.

Once we got to the hospital we both rushed in and I couldn't enter because it was only family members. As I sat in the waiting room I couldn't help but be nervous, I didn't even know what was going on.

"Kelly." I heard Nate's deep voice say, I looked at the door to see him smiling softly at me.

"Hey." I said kind of breathlessly. "How is she? What happened?" I asked as he sat down next to me.

"She's okay. It was just a warning attack." He said grabbing my hand. "I'm so sorry." He said apologizing.

I kissed him and hugged him. "Don't be. I rather be here with you then that stupid party." I said smiling at Nate. He smiled over at me and kissed me.

****

"She died Kelly." Is the first thing I heard, and god I wish it wasn't. "She's gone." He said crying now.

"Oh god Nate." I said also starting to cry. "Where are you?" I wanted to see him, I needed to see him.

"At home, my whole family's here. Will you come?" He asked and I said yes right away. I needed to be there, the girl who was like a sister to me just died.

I got ready and drove to Nate's house. I got a text from Nancy telling me to come for dinner but I completely ignored it, I don't want to talk to anyone but Nate and his family right now.

I got to Nate's house and rushed to the door, before I could knock the door opened to reveal Mrs. Stewart. We just looked at one another and hugged each other like we haven't seen each other in ten years.

"I'm so sorry!" I cried out and she nodded her head not able to say a word.

I walked into the living room to see Nate with his head down low, he looked so different now.

Nate looked up to see me, both of us with tears in our eyes.

"Kelly." Nate said rushing over to me.

We hugged instantly and cried on one another's shoulder. This reminded me of the old days, where whenever we would hear Linda's condition will get serious we would cry together.

I heard someone clear their throat and I looked up to see a skinny blonde girl that I wished I haven't seen. Carrie.

I looked at her questionably and the face she gave me told me everything. She was with Nate.

I pushed away from Nate and he turned around and hugged Carrie and then kissed her cheek. I stood there awkwardly and Nate spoke up.

"Uh, Kelly this is Carr-" Nate was saying but I cut him off.

"I know her." I said forcing a smile. I looked behind Nate to see a familiar old man, seeing him with white hair and wrinkles made me want to cry. "Mr. Stewart." I said and he looked over to me and smiled instantly.

Nate's father came over and hugged me. "Kelly, it's so wonderfully for you to be here. Linda would of appreciated it." He said frowning at the thought of his little girl.

"I know. I'm just so upset, I wish I came to visit but I didn't know she has gotten worse." I said, my heart breaking at the last two words. "I'm so sorry." I said crying even more.

"It's okay Kelly." He said hugging me. He was like a father to me and I felt so depressed not seeing him after Nate and I took our separate ways. "Its not your fault, we should of informed you." He said.

"Uh, dad." Nate said to his father awkwardly, his dad looked over and finally saw Carrie. "Oh, I'm so sorry I haven't seen you there." He said shaking Carries hand.

She didn't look too happy at only a handshake but Mr. Stewart didn't do anything else.

Nate looked over at me and smiled. He wanted to talk.

"Kelly can we talk alone?" He asked and Carrie glared at me. I ignored her and nodded my head.

__-__-__

Long chapter but nothing with Zak in it...yet ;)