A New Ally

A fourteen year old girl sits quietly with her back against an old wooden barn, eyes on her curious two new guests. Her long, straight, auburn hair was against her back, coming between her back and the barn walls. Her name is Marisa, the human girl that had saved them from an untimely demise. She wore a yellow and white striped short sleeved shirt, blue jeans torn at the knees acting as makeshift shorts.

Marisa had discovered these two mysterious strangers during one of her little adventures through the woods. She was wearing her high boots to protect her thighs, had some food and water for the trip, and her very own gun slung over her shoulder in case she encountered something hungry with big teeth. She was really glad she brought the weapon when she stumbled upon the two, some weird, orange bear thing looming over the unconscious twosome. Needless to say, her first thought, or second if you included when she debated running away from the scary thing, was to save them from the untimely fate of becoming the weird creature's meal, using her gun and shooting it. When she saw that any sign of the creature was gone, she assumed she must have spooked it. After that, she couldn't just leave them out there alone, staying until Lapis finally woke up.

Marisa's emerald green eyes looked curiously to the one whom she became acquainted with first, a blue girl by the name of Lapis Lazuli. The blue girl had a rather thin appearance, which was misleading given that she had proven herself to be unnaturally strong, and looked to only be a year or two older than her companion, whom Marisa had come to learn was named Steven. This "Lapis Lazuli" was a curious sort. Two seconds after she had awoken to the face of the human who saved them, the blue girl acted hostile, immediately assuming that Marisa had done something to her friend. While it was terrifying in the moment, the scenario was kind of humorous when Marisa thought back on it. If Lapis had turned her head just a little to the right instead of acting on an ill-informed assumption, she would have found her companion resting peacefully next to her.

After this, Lapis had picked up her unconscious pal and attempted to do…something involving flying, at least according to what little Marisa had heard of the blue gem's mumbling, though this ultimately proved to be ineffective. After Marisa realized the possibility that the beast could return, she was anxious to lead them to shelter. Lapis, too confused and tired to refuse, carefully, with the aforementioned surprising strength, hoisted Steven onto her back. Fast forward to about an hour ago, Marisa had led them to one of the places she liked to come to on her treks into the forest, an old, deserted barn, long forgotten by the world as evidenced by the overgrown plants around it. Where it came from, it didn't matter. It was a place she knew and it was a place they could rest.

After the problem of shelter was taken care of, it was only a matter of time before Marisa began blurting out questions. To be honest, Marisa had expected some resistance before getting an answer. She was wrong. The first question to be answered had been who they were, Lapis giving the names of herself and her unconscious pal before mentioning that they were both members of some alien race. Of course Marisa was skeptical, who wouldn't be? Lapis, however, very easily made the concept much more believable.

The rest of Marisa's questions were answered without them needing to be asked, Lapis briefly recounting the tale of what had come to pass, leading to their current situation.

"It's a long story." Lapis had begun. "I guess it all started when I was trapped in the mirror. I was a recently made gem, though one who accomplished much since my creation. I had done a great deal of service for my home world and my diamond."

Marisa of course asked who this diamond was, Lapis merely giving her a vague answer that really was just that she the diamond was one of three rulers.

"I had come to Earth expecting it to be like any other job… Oh how wrong I had been."

Marisa listened as Lapis continued, speaking of some great gem war between her home world and the rebellious "Crystal Gems" that she had gotten caught up in before ultimately being sealed away in the mirror and left behind.